Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On 4/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, PillowTalk4 said:

Praying for multiple 20+ story buildings between Charlotte and Church.  It would also be nice if the sidewalk along that stretch could be widened as well.

I do not think there will be a lot of height, that goes to 20 in this area, but around 10 to 15. I think there may be some things brewing, but not at liberty to say just yet. What I am hearing is just rumor right now with no height given yet, but I know who the developer is.

There will be more attention paid to this area as time goes on and there are some other players that are assembling properties too.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2021 at 8:16 AM, markhollin said:

Odyssey  at the Park (two 5 story buildings,  75 units, ground level retail, 130 space garage) at  the NW corner of 31st Ave. North and Long Blvd. will get underway this summer.  Additionally, Athena at the Park will be another 5 story (?)  structure offering 51 condos, and Mosaic at the Park will be yet another 5 story (?) structure with 53 condos at the 3108 Long Blvd. that will replace the 3 story, 1930s-era Avoca Apt. building that is considered unsalvageable (originally they wanted to incorporate it into the design).  No renderings for the final two mentioned above, but new renderings of Odyssey are shown below.

Richland Building Partners via Parthenon Investments is the developer, and the latter is the contractor. Smith Gee is the architect.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146802/summer-start-eyed-for-west-end-park-project

Fencing up and demolition of the old house beginning today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Exit/In to be preserved: 

I don’t know the backstory, but something doesn’t add up.  If AJCP “always intended” to preserve the Exit In, how is it possible that fact was not communicated  to the E/I owners, before they launched a campaign to buy the property themselves?   The confidentiality agreement excuse doesn’t make sense commercially.   Ok, yes, good that AJCP is now saying they want to preserve the venue, but it sounds like a pivot in response to the public outrage and successful crowdsource  campaign to outbid them.   What does “preserve” mean under AJCP’s revised plan?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I don’t know the backstory, but something doesn’t add up.  If AJCP “always intended” to preserve the Exit In, how is it possible that fact was not communicated  to the E/I owners, before they launched a campaign to buy the property themselves?   The confidentiality agreement excuse doesn’t make sense commercially.   Ok, yes, good that AJCP is now saying they want to preserve the venue, but it sounds like a pivot in response to the public outrage and successful crowdsource  campaign to outbid them.   What does “preserve” mean under AJCP’s revised plan?  

Ajcp seems to be an honest player from what I’ve seen. This strikes me as a money grab by the old exit in owners and the new people are making good on money that was given.

• Like 1