Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Ran across an interesting permit, in process. this morning for 1111 Caruthers. It's a old house, directly behind the soon to open Emery Wood Fired restaurant (across from Five Daughters) and owned by the same property owners as Emery.

It appears that it will be named "Wanna Spoon" and will be a cereal bar. No other news that I can find other than copyrighting the name.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Ran across an interesting permit, in process. this morning for 1111 Caruthers. It's a old house, directly behind the soon to open Emery Wood Fired restaurant (across from Five Daughters) and owned by the same property owners as Emery.

It appears that it will be named "Wanna Spoon" and will be a cereal bar. No other news that I can find other than copyrighting the name.

The permit is still listed as open and never issued and is from March with an expiration in September, so they better get the move on. Not going to sent to William unless the permit is issued, which looks to be doubtful at this point in time.

10 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The permit is still listed as open and never issued and is from March with an expiration in September, so they better get the move on. Not going to sent to William unless the permit is issued, which looks to be doubtful at this point in time.

My only thought is that they are the same folks as Emery Wood Fired and they are waiting for that spot to get going, now delayed to early August. Maybe it will start up then.

28 minutes ago, Melrose said:

Does the purchase include the grass plot fronting Scarritt Place ?

It appears so. The Methodist Church owned all the parcels outlined in Red below. Vanderbilt already owns the Blue circled parcel. Probably only a matter of time before they buy the two remaining parcel on the block.

image.thumb.png.ecb6ac575b69d2e03f0b1ecf4a351b25.png

• Like 3

Well the Starbucks is actually the Lagasse family. The LaGasse  family is one of the older land holders in Nashville.

Parcel ID: 10404002200
Address: 402 21ST AVE S
Owner: LAGASSE PROPERTIES, LLC

SatCo

Parcel ID: 10404002400
Address: 416 21ST AVE S
Owner: WRIGHT, MINDY

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Roberta's Pizza has purchased the long time commercial building (built as a home in 1910) at 2405 12th Ave. South for $2.8 million with plans to open their 2nd Brooklyn-style pizzeria. No word on when conversion and opening will be.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/12south-building-slated-for-brooklyn-pizza-restaurant/article_9ec42d26-eb07-11eb-a27f-7f94c63b2f16.html

Seriously??? Essentially across the street from Mafiaoza's? Good for them. Mafiaoza's may need to do some sprucing up and maybe rework their really low, claustrophobic, red awning area.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 8:55 PM, geoephemera said:

467 Chestnut Street from Capital Investment Group

I'm sharing a few slides from CIG's presentation to South Nashville Action People (SNAP) concerning the planned mixed use development at 467 Chestnut Street in Wedgewood Houston. I am not sure how far along CIG is in the process. They have plans for including affordable housing in their unit mix of around 151 units with commercial space & mentioned they have reached out to the Mayor's Office with affordable housing questions. Access to the development will be off the alley. They do share the parking lot with the old United Record Pressing location at 453 Chestnut Street that may limit whether they will be closing all of the driveway entrances along 453-467 Chestnut. However, no new driveways off of Chestnut will support AJ Capital's planned bike lanes along Chestnut. Braxton Brewery is the planned commerical tenant for their development. Braxton expanded their distribution to the Nashville area in 2017. Braxton currently operates two locations in walkable & historic neighborhoods in Cincinnati, OH, & across the Ohio River in Covington, KY. The planned brewery for this Wedgewood Houston development will make three. More details can be found in the attached images. 

Screenshot_20210720-185426-881.png

Screenshot_20210720-184334-431.png

Screenshot_20210720-184810-770.png

Well I did find out the location for this property is not zoned for this height and Colby knew nothing about it. My guess is he will no support it and will not support a zone change either. That’s a problem when they circumvent the council person. Even if it goes to Council it will never pass without the council persons approval.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well I did find out the location for this property is not zoned for this height and Colby knew nothing about it.

WTH was the developer thinking!?? How can an entity have such an incredible lack of acumen/discernment? Pretty cool looking proposal. Bizarre. :dunno: