Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Here are newer renderings. Paint on a pig. I just have problems with Manuel Zeitlin's work.  Most of I just dont like!

Even Newer Renderings For 1414 4th Ave Mixed-Use, In WeHo Nashville – Nashville Now Next

I'm generally quite a big fan of his work, but this one is a pretty big miss in my opinion.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKJones said:

Is anyone who “liked” this post actually excited by the news? If so, why? Sure, it’d be one thing if The Cadence was some crumbling eyesore where this renovation would bring much-needed aesthetic redevelopment or any new urban density whatsoever to the site. But in reality it’s a perfectly nice 2014 building that hundreds of permanent midtown residents will no longer be able to call home less than a year from now - all for an out-of-state management company to serve tourists who already have other options a mere block away in almost any direction. I totally understand that this is a cash grab which has nothing to do with city planning, but it’s still a shame we’re not celebrating a new hotel in the abandoned surface lot directly north of here instead of yet another unnecessary business transaction that will ultimately benefit precisely no one who actually lives here.

Exactly. No new leases and existing residents will leave almost immediately as it becomes a party building. This is not how neighborhoods are made.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, yontu2 said:

Agreed. That area needs good urban form more than it needs more height/ density. Not every building needs to be mid rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I am just tired of no sidewalks and cars in the front. The street side activation is so much more appealing regardless of height, however I would love more height, but not as critical.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, PaulChinetti said:

I wonder when WeHo Crossing starts construction will they realign 2nd Ave S under the railroad bridge. It would be a perfect time to do so. Or update that intersection somehow.

@geoephemera was there any discussion around that?

260E44FE-869D-4C66-9175-BE8082DD368B.jpeg

I don't remember too much about that in my group. I was pushing for the bus stop realignment more. But I have heard people talk at SNAP meetings about changing up the one way direction on 2nd & 4th to avoid stopping traffic at the train. It would be cheaper than a train crossing. I agree that it needs to be discussed before WeHo Crossing's plans are set.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, geoephemera said:

I don't remember too much about that in my group. I was pushing for the bus stop realignment more. But I have heard people talk at SNAP meetings about changing up the one way direction on 2nd & 4th to avoid stopping traffic at the train. It would be cheaper than a train crossing. I agree that it needs to be discussed before WeHo Crossing's plans are set.

I've always thought making 2nd and 4th Ave S would solve a lot of problems, including people just flying up and down on those roads. There are so many studies about changing 1-way to 2-way and how it slows traffic and makes the neighborhoods in general more appealing to people and businesses. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I've always thought making 2nd and 4th Ave S would solve a lot of problems, including people just flying up and down on those roads. There are so many studies about changing 1-way to 2-way and how it slows traffic and makes the neighborhoods in general more appealing to people and businesses. 

If they make it two way, then the nasty curve at the bridge where 2nd goes under the bridge is a problem as it bottlenecks to two lanes. That will be a wreck an hour location and may be why they changed it to start with. Not saying it will not work, but will  end up being just as many problems as what you have now.

The benefits agreement should be with CSX and hold their unmentionables to the fire. The political pressure needs to brought on them from all sides Metro, State, and Federal.

• Like 2