Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Another rendering I found for Haven at Charlotte (9-10 stories, 316 units...although where I found this on an investor link notated that it was 360 units) that will fit on the. thin strip of land between OneC1TY and I-440:

Haven at Charlotte, Aug 18, 2021, render.png

Are they really not taking the Alsco property for this? That strip of land (former railroad ROW) is only 85 feet wide.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

1818 20th Ave. South (3 story office building) update: up to 2nd floor.

Looking NE from intersection of Acklen Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

1818 Acklen, Aug 15, 2021.jpeg

This is a particularly egregious example of developers blocking sidewalks and a lane of traffic. For It seems no other reason than to ha e a place to park. 

I like how it’s going to look at least. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulChinetti said:

This is a particularly egregious example of developers blocking sidewalks and a lane of traffic. For It seems no other reason than to ha e a place to park. 

I like how it’s going to look at least. 

Absolutely! It makes walking from the free parking to the restaurants very dangerous as cars do not pay attention here.

The construction is moving at a snails pace too. Maybe it is the steel supply or something else, but damn is it going slow haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

On Saturday I saw a small shovel on site at the 910 8th Ave S development, the kind that would be used to tear down one story buildings.  Has a demo permit been pulled here yet?  Does anyone have an update on this project?

They were doing the utility marking there about a week ago and they have applied for a grading permit. If they are bringing large equipment on site, then they can get the permits one day and demo the next. That can happen pretty quick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I don't know what it currently costs developers to get a permit for this sort of thing but I'd like to see Metro charge enough of a daily rate that builders really have to think about when it's worth renting that space vs just gobbling it all up for the duration of their project because it's cheap and convenient. The "Don't block my walk" push a few years ago was well-intentioned but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

WeHo Nashville will now be the name of the residential complex originally to be called Wedgewood Lofts on 1.22 acres at 661 Wedgewood Ave.  It will be be 6 stories tall and feature 150 units, 3,000 sq. ft. ground level retail, a rooftop swimming pool, courtyard, and an internal garage.  The Arden group is the developer, having just paid $2.72 million for the property.  Ridgehouse Capital will also be a developing partner. A foundation and construction permit have been applied for, so work should begin shortly. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/08/23/arden-group-plans-wedgewood-houston-apartments.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/project-planned-for-wedgewood-houston-lands-investor/article_466c2504-0446-11ec-ab07-43994d08aa35.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.50.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.50.20 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal (listed as "Wedgewood Lofts") at the center of the frame:

Wedgewood Lofts, Oct 2, 2020, site map.png

Weho but not to be confused with Soho, which is also being built nearby, correct?