Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On 11/4/2021 at 4:58 AM, markhollin said:

May Hosiery (conversion of late 1800s-1925 sock factory into 80,000 sq. ft. of offices, retail, restaurants, and boutique hotel) in WeHo update.

New walkway from Chestnut Street towards central courtyard

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 1.jpeg

One of numerous side entrances:

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 2.jpeg

Massive HVAC set-up along CSX tracks on eastern side:

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking north into the courtyard area from Houston St., 1/4 bock west of Brown St:

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 4.jpeg

Looking NW into the courtyard area from intersection of Houston St. and Brown St:

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 5.jpeg

Addition along eastern edge.  Looking NW from intersection of Houston St. and Brown St:

May Hosiery, Oct 30, 2021, 6.jpeg

On 11/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, PaulChinetti said:

Whoa, what is with that HVAC setup? There are also a lot of smaller units on the roof of the shorter building too. 

I'm with you on the massive HVAC units--maybe generators in that setup too. Do most hotels have this type of infrastructure hidden?

I liked when you could take the back way and walk from the old loading dock/dead end at Brown Street to Parson's. I hope AJC opens up Brown Street as a pedestrian way to connect to Chestnut St & adds a crossing to the Nashville Warehouse Co north of Chestnut.

I am not a fan of the tall wood fence being installed at the May Hosiery along the sidewalk at Houston St & Brown St. I get that Soho House is exclusive, but the fence seems like an odd choice to keep people out. 

The stairs to the central courtyard give me hope that AJC will do something cool to connect the May Hosiery side south of Chestnut to Nashville Warehouse Co on the north side.

Edited by geoephemera
Remove just
  • Like 3

I'm with you on the massive HVAC units--maybe generators in that setup too. Do most hotels have this type of infrastructure hidden?
I liked when you could take the back way and walk from the old loading dock/dead end at Brown Street to Parson's. I hope AJC opens up Brown Street as a pedestrian way to connect to Chestnut St & adds a crossing to the Nashville Warehouse Co north of Chestnut.
I am not a fan of the tall wood fence being installed at the May Hosiery along the sidewalk at Houston St & Brown St. I get that Soho House is exclusive, but the fence just seems like an odd choice just to keep people out. 
The stairs to the central courtyard give me hope that AJC will do something cool to connect the May Hosiery side south of Chestnut to Nashville Warehouse Co on the north side.

In community meetings about their plans, they described the ‘greenspace’ along Houston Street as a public amenity. The fences they are putting up seem to indicate otherwise. I also hope there will be a way for pedestrians to move through the site or Brown St. to Parson’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Rise at 1414 3rd Ave. South update: steel framing up for patio entrance on repurposing of former warehouse into meeting space.

Looking SE from 3rd Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Hart St:

1414 3rd Ave South, The Rise, Oct 24, 2021.jpeg

I believe that patio will be for the Vinyl Lab (music venue, restaurant, bar).

Il Forno pizzeria also opening in that building.

The building further down the hill that is for lease is being marketed as meeting space.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, markhollin said:

A.J. Capital Partners continues its massive investment into WeHo by announcing a huge 8 building project (ranging from 4 to 6 stories) totaling 800,000 sq. ft. of office, residential, and retail which will surround the Merritt Mansion (original portion started in 1799, and further built in 1840).  The historic home will actually be lifted and repositioned slightly on the site. 

Of the 800,000 sq. ft. of building space planned, so far office will take up 212,000 sq. ft, retail will take up 104,000 sq. ft, residential will occupy 265,000 sq. ft., parking will take 186,000 sq. ft. (450 spaces).  That leaves 33,000 sq. ft. that are not currently accounted for.

No word on the price tag, but I would estimate over $100 million. Schedule has not been released yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145706/majory-mixeduse-project-planned-for-weho

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/01/29/weho-project-move-merrit-mansion.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 1.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 2.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 3.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 4.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 5.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 6.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, render 7.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, diagram 1.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, diagram 2.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, diagram 3.png

AJ Capital, WeHo Merrit Mansion, Jan 27, 2021, site map.png

22 hours ago, yontu2 said:

In community meetings about their plans, they described the ‘greenspace’ along Houston Street as a public amenity. The fences they are putting up seem to indicate otherwise. I also hope there will be a way for pedestrians to move through the site or Brown St. to Parson’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming! I remembered seeing something like that & went looking for something more recent. I shared one of the updates about the Merritt Mansion development. I am still excited about everything they are doing. I just hope they can keep a pocket park at the corner of Houston & Brown like in the presentations and renderings that show the view looking south up Brown Street towards the realigned Merritt Mansion. There are going to be so many people in this area once the 3,500 units and office space are added that greenspace is going to be packed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

Yellow tape and construction equipment at Broadway west end split. Not sure if there are any demo permits but something happening.

It depends on where it is? When you say split that opens up a number of parcels and means a lot of different things to different people.