Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

41 minutes ago, BNAfan said:

I love this reuse.  What a great reuse of a historic building.  I am sure it will become much loved as is the Holly Street day care in East Nashville.   They will have a waiting list a mile long.  Kudos to the team executing on this plan.  

Kind of off topic, but pretty much every daycare in Nashville has a waiting list a mile long, regardless of how well loved they are. There’s just not enough of them for the demand. I think the law is that there has to be a 6:1 children to teacher ratio, so any more than 6 in an age class means you need two teachers. So the schools either have to charge insane amounts to be able to afford the salaries of the two teachers, or pay so little that they can’t keep teachers and the quality of care declines. I don’t know the solution, but for any “good” daycare people will start signing their kids onto a wait list when they find out they’re pregnant. My wife has been a stay at home nanny for over a year for a boy who has been on like three wait lists the whole time. 

sorry for the tangent!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Queens (4 & 5 stories,  220 units, internal garage) update: garage topped out; foundation walls rising on northern portion near Hamilton Ave.

Looking south from intersection of Hamilton Ave. and Hagan St:

Queen, Feb 17, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking east from Team Air Distributing lot:

Queen, Feb 17, 2022, 2.jpeg

Couldn't get a picture leaving the neighborhood this morning, but steel is starting to rise along Hamilton Ave. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm glad to see this site redeveloped but, I don't get only 2 stories and no housing element. Most new projects on sites of this size are mixed use and go 4 floors. I wonder if they are only developing a portion of the site.

I agree that the 21st Century Christian site has more potential than what is being proposed, especially considering the pretty penny they paid for the 1 acre lot.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 4:49 PM, markhollin said:

The project we discussed last Aug. 18th for the 1.6 acre site on the SW corner Murfreesboro Pike and Fesslers Lane (447 Murfreesboro Pike) is moving forward. Named Alto 615, it will be 5 stories with 102 units, ground level retail, and an interior garage.  Three-way partners Epoch Construction, Athens South, and JRW Partners finalized the purchase of the site this week for $4.9 million. Demo on the existing structure should begin next month, with the project's opening slated for 2023. Construction costs should be in the $36 million range. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/02/22/alto-615.html

New renderings:

Alto 615, Feb 22, 2022, render 1.png

Alto 615, Feb 22, 2022, render 2.png

Alto 615, Feb 22, 2022, site aerial.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1123362592_Alto615Feb222022sitemap.png

Love those window cut outs. And to echo the sentiment, a welcome upgrade to that site/corridor!

• Like 1