Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

17 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

For as much noise as was/has been made about the CBA and the non-profits working for them to be more common, this is why they are a good thing. Getting to even the 80% threshold (±$50,012/year) is a good win, but 120 units at or below 60% (±$37,509/year) is a huge win! Truly affordable housing only benefits the city. Clearly we are not getting to the levels for supply to drop the cost of housing any time soon and clearly developers are not willing to just include affordable housing in their developments overly willingly, so I would say the CBA is a huge win for the city.

Note - the annual income figures were taken from the 2016-2020 census of median household income equaling $62,515

@Bos2Nashgiven the backlog of permits submitted, could Metro incentivize developers to include affordable housing by saying their plans will jump to first in line if they include affordable units, or is that against state law, too? 

17 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

So 6 buildings, say they average 300 units a building. We are talking 1800 more residences in a close proximity to a lot of amenities. Is that 160 total affordable units, or 120 total?

I hope the other buildings have the same ratio of affordable units. That would be a huge win!

I think I read that it's 900 units total (3 resi buildings), 1 hotel, 1 office, and maybe 1 other commercial. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

@Bos2Nashgiven the backlog of permits submitted, could Metro incentivize developers to include affordable housing by saying their plans will jump to first in line if they include affordable units, or is that against state law, too? 

I would think the state law may quash that. Essentially the law - how I understand it - is targeted at Metro incentivizing any form of affordable housing from a government standpoint. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Emblem Park (5 stories, 414 units, internal garage, 12,500 sq. ft. of retail space) update:  land fully in northern section;  structures and foliage razed  on southern portion.

Looking NE from 4th Ave. South,  1/2 block north of Bianca Paige Way:

Emblem Park, May 4, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from 4th Ave. South,  1/2 block north of Bianca Paige Way:

Emblem Park, May 4, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of 4th Ave. and Bianca Paige Way:

Emblem Park, May 4, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking east from 4th Ave. South, just south of Bianca Paige Way:

Emblem Park, May 4, 2022, 4.jpeg

• Like 3

Odyssey at the Park (5 stories, 75 STR units, ground level retail, internal garage) update: another permit worth $4.4 million has been granted for ongoing construction at the 3.8 acre site that will also eventually include Mosaic at the Park and Athena at the Park.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-23-may-2022/article_2483b892-d87d-11ec-bc3b-f7bd9f939e15.html

Music Row Apts. (7 stories, 105 units, ground level retail, underground garage) update: foundation walls fo garage and rebar for pillars starting to form.

Looking east from alley between 16th and 17th Aves. South, 1/8 block south of Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, May 22, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from alley between 16th and 17th Aves. South, 1/8 block south of Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, May 22, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 3