Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

When checking this site   https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/?searchType=permit     you have several different ways of checking. You can check the range of permits applied for from yesterday today and also permits applied for todays using todays date through todays date.

There is also a difference between open and issued. 

This is where you get the actual permits issues on a dally basis. .Building Permits Issued | Nashville Open Data Portal.

You cn also go through parcel viewer  Parcel Viewer (nashville.gov) and enter an address or parcel number and look under permit history and actually get even more information many times but not always.

Sorry to overwhelm you, but this comes with years of experience and had to learn it on my own. Taylor (downtownresident) is a wiz at this too. A lot better than me!

This is good! I've always wondered about this too. So thanks for sharing it.

Besides a few people on here knowing the ins and outs, is there anywhere else on this forum where this has been documented? Or maybe a place where we could, so others could learn? I've been documenting like crazy at work lately, so this is where my mind jumps to first lol

11 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

These parcels straddle a district line in the Music Row Overlay the southern parcel (bottom left of Mark's image) is in district 2B and is allowed 5 stories by-right with 8-stories granted to with preservation and commitment to music uses to be defined by a Music Row Code. The northern parcel (top right of Mark's image) is in district 2A and is 8 stories by-right with 12-stories granted to with preservation and commitment to music uses to be defined by a Music Row Code. Getting those extra floors are not easy by any means. And like Titanhog has said before, the aura of Music Row was the small spaces within the houses that musicians gathered in to make music. Unfortunately, that type of atmosphere is nearly impossible to recreate. 

image.thumb.png.4e2b6573b4ca020ef8a16cad2e2d82c3.png

At least these parcels are not in District 17....

Yeah…it almost doesn’t matter what they build…most of the music businesses will move out (except maybe for some of the labels….but most of them have moved out already).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Digital Dust said:

This is good! I've always wondered about this too. So thanks for sharing it.

Besides a few people on here knowing the ins and outs, is there anywhere else on this forum where this has been documented? Or maybe a place where we could, so others could learn? I've been documenting like crazy at work lately, so this is where my mind jumps to first lol

Development Tracker always has some good information, but that is usually after the fact. It will show up in the permits most of the time before D Tracker.  Development Tracker (nashville.gov)  BZA Tracker is another place, but as of late they have been slow to update the information.  BZA Tracker (nashville.gov)   Sometimes there is good information on Metro Historic Zoning tracker. Metropolitan Historic Zoning Commission Permit Tracker (arcgis.com)  You have to keep track of that on at least a weekly basis.

Sometimes I miss some things that fall through the cracks and this is why I check the planning commission meetings and if it falls through that the Council agenda is the last place to check as that is the last place a bill goes to be approved.

There you have your civics class for the day on how city county government works...LOL or in some cases how it does not work depending on your point of view. I just spent an hour going over the Capital spending budget yesterday and still have a lot to go through.  It's all public record, but they do not make it easy to find sometimes. There are other committee's such as the storm water committee, the industrial bond committee where there are nuggets of information out there too.

• Thanks 1

Haven Charlotte (9-10 stories, 316 units, internal garage) update: Pillars and an elevator shaft starting to rise.

Looking south from Charlotte Ave., just west of City Ave:

Haven Charlotte, June 4, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from intersection of City Ave. and City Place (with Broadstone OneC1TY on the left):

Haven Charlotte, June 4, 2022, 2.jpeg

Various angles from City Place on the west side of The Shay Apartments:

Haven Charlotte, June 4, 2022, 3.jpeg

Haven Charlotte, June 4, 2022, 4.jpeg

Haven Charlotte, June 4, 2022, 5.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, markhollin said:

NashvilleNowNext with coverage on progress of The Malvern (6 stories, 7 high end condos, internal garage) including some new renderings.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/06/09/new-condo-development-looks-to-create-the-single-family-alternative-on-music-row/

Malvern, Jun 9, 2022, render 1.png

More brick please! Don't like the color per say but brick is just so much more pleasing to my eye.

• Like 3

The hole in the ground, at the corner of Gilmore and 12th Ave. S. (the former funeral home site) has been essentially abandoned for over a month. All equipment is gone, zero activity. I reached out to Colby Sledge to see if he had any insight. He says that these folks "have lost their shirts" on the project. Not sure if that is the developer, contractor or both. He is working with metro to try to get the sidewalks repaired and reopened as well as the, now gone, crosswalk at Gilmore & 12th. Maybe some of our better connected members can offer some additional information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Any  update on The Gilmore in 12 South?

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

The hole in the ground, at the corner of Gilmore and 12th Ave. S. (the former funeral home site) has been essentially abandoned for over a month. All equipment is gone, zero activity. I reached out to Colby Sledge to see if he had any insight. He says that these folks "have lost their shirts" on the project. Not sure if that is the developer, contractor or both. He is working with metro to try to get the sidewalks repaired and reopened as well as the, now gone, crosswalk at Gilmore & 12th. Maybe some of our better connected members can offer some additional information.

A by-product of our rapid growth is that our utility providers are completely underwater. What I have been told from other contractors is the property has run into an issue with a utility pole and its proximity to the construction and it requires NES to move the pole. As a result, the contractor – WE O'Neil/Southland – has completely pulled off the site until the utility is relocated. The Skyliner (affordable apartments on Dickerson Pike just north of Hart Lane) ran into a similar issue and it took some time to get things rolling again. Not sure where the communication breakdown on coordinating with the pole occurred, but I'm sure the developer is losing their mind on the parcel.

As far as I know, M Cubed is fairly reputable in town, even if this is bigger than they normally do and the contractor, WE O'Neil/Southland, is a large contractor that has plenty of work in town. So for CM Sledge to say they have lost their shirts seems phishy at best to me and more like someone "not in the know". 

• Like 3