Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

A by-product of our rapid growth is that our utility providers are completely underwater. What I have been told from other contractors is the property has run into an issue with a utility pole and its proximity to the construction and it requires NES to move the pole. As a result, the contractor – WE O'Neil/Southland – has completely pulled off the site until the utility is relocated. The Skyliner (affordable apartments on Dickerson Pike just north of Hart Lane) ran into a similar issue and it took some time to get things rolling again. Not sure where the communication breakdown on coordinating with the pole occurred, but I'm sure the developer is losing their mind on the parcel.

As far as I know, M Cubed is fairly reputable in town, even if this is bigger than they normally do and the contractor, WE O'Neil/Southland, is a large contractor that has plenty of work in town. So for CM Sledge to say they have lost their shirts seems phishy at best to me and more like someone "not in the know". 

I think Craig is on the money here. Colby has lost his way and runs his mouth way too much now. I have heard some other rather self-serving, self-centered things about him as of late too. I use to like him but he seems to have drifted to the dark side of the force.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

Chartwell at Marathon (6 & 7 stories, 379 units, internal garage) update: crane base in place.

Looking NW from 12th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of CSX tracks:

Chartwell at Marathon, June 14, 2022, 1.jpeg

Chartwell at Marathon, June 14, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking WW from 12th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of CSX tracks:
 Chartwell at Marathon, June 14, 2022, 3.jpeg

Damn @markhollin, you were kidding when you said you had to scoot over there for a picture haha.

• Like 1

Metro Public Health is requesting $10 million to build an additional floor (4th) for the Lentz Public Health Center at 2500 Charlotte Ave. This is on a wish list for American Rescue Plan funding. The current structure was opened in 2014, but is already strained at capacity. No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health_care/metro-health-looks-to-rebuild-woodbine-clinic-add-floor-to-hq/article_f32845c6-ecf7-11ec-ab30-b37a8db42496.html

The Lentz Public Health Center as it looks now:

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 7.53.23 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:05 AM, markhollin said:

Update on 50 Music Row Hotel (7 stories, 133 rooms, street level restaurant, internal garage) including new renderings, at NashvilleNowNext:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/06/14/progress-on-the-133-room-hotel-on-music-row-in-nashville/

50 Music Row Hotel, June 14, 2022, render 1.png

50 Music Row Hotel, June 14, 2022, render 2.png

50 Music Row Hotel, June 14, 2022, render 3.png

How low tier of a brand is this gonna end up being?  Also, on a related note, I presume the "restaurant" is just going to be the dining space where the free breakfast is served for hotel guests and maybe drinks during happy hour....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Normally I do not post the Post stories but in this case, I will make an exception to show the councilperson has no idea what he is talking about and that talk like that could cause serious issues. The project at 2510 12th Ave S is not in money trouble but was waiting on Comcast and NES as was stated earlier. This company has not got money issues. I have no idea what has gotten into Colby other than jealousy, self-ambition, delusions of grandeur, or any number of other issues that could cause someone to go off the deep end.

Being a Metro employee, he should know what causes work to stop on projects. Metro codes and utilities are the major reasons these days because Metro is understaffed, inefficient, and ineffectual in the way they conduct business. 

I have always said Metro council needs to be cut to 20 full time council persons and pay them 100k a year so they can devote 100% of their time to the job. In addition, they should also be held to a very high code of ethics.

On-site work to resume on 12South project | Development | nashvillepost.com

Thank you. Glad to see that work is resuming, this is a solid project.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

17th & Grand (7 stories, 160,000 sq. ft. office space, internal garage) update: signage up on corner.

Looking SW from intersection of 17th Ave. South and Grand Ave:

17th & Grand, June 12, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking south from just west of intersection of 17th Ave. South and Grand Ave:

17th & Grand, June 12, 2022, 2.jpeg

17th & Grand, June 12, 2022, 3.jpeg

This looks great, could really be an anchor in helping Music Row evolve into a truly mixed use neighborhood,  especially as the "music industry" has contracted and consolidated.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, titanhog said:

It doesn’t keep the music industry from migrating out.  It chases them out.

Please explain.....it was my understanding that Sony Music and Capitol Records along with others moved out of Music Row due to the lack of  office space-now these businesses are in the Gulch, West End, and Downtown.

I don't want to see it continue......

Edited by bnacincy
Content

11 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Many of the houses along Music Row were publishing companies with writing rooms.  However…they’re being gobbled up and turned into condos and office buildings.

...and most all of those publishing houses/studios were sold by the publishing/studio owners for quite nice profits.   It's easy to blame the developers---but it's the owners of the properties that have made the move.   ; )

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

As I’ve mentioned a few times before, it’s not about the record labels, but the publishers and songwriters.  The record labels have already left.  Capitol had actually built a new building for themselves on Music Row in the 90s…but then turned around and sold it and moved.  Sony / RCA had a really cool building on the Row…but sold it and moved closer to downtown.  The true “heart” for the music industry are the songwriters…and their publishers.  Many of the houses along Music Row were publishing companies with writing rooms.  However…they’re being gobbled up and turned into condos and office buildings.

Music related businesses (songwriters and publishers) do not work well in the same building as any other business.  This is why you won’t see music related businesses filling up these offices on the Row (for he most part).  The campus that was Music Row is pretty much gone, now.  That’s why I say it won’t be long that Music Row will be more about the history of where music was once created…not where it is still created.  Those publishers / songwriters will just be spread out all over town.

I see what you're saying and sympathize with you when it comes to what's happening and what has happened.

As Mark says it's the owners who are selling the properties and reaping the rewards-what I hope is that when they do sell it would be to build office space which would have at least a fighting chance of keeping some of the larger businesses on Music Row whereas residential developments just pretty much exclude everyone.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

...and most all of those publishing houses/studios were sold by the publishing/studio owners for quite nice profits.   It's easy to blame the developers---but it's the owners of the properties that have made the move.   ; )

In fact, you can go and buy some of those properties now and rent them out to music related businesses. Just gotta maintain and the old properties, fight with neighbors about parking, get good tenants, etc. no wonder everyone is selling!