Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Broadstone Berry Hill (4 stories, 303 units, 437 capacity internal garage) is moving forward with developer Alliance Residential finalizing the $16.1 million purchase of the 3.25 acre site at 2500 Bransford Ave. of Mrs. Grissom's Salads. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/berry-hill-site-eyed-for-mixed-use-building-sells-for-16-1m/article_3b01e85a-0799-11ed-a450-bfe3370ca9fa.html

• Like 2

1501 Herman/Apex Marathon Village (4 stories, 300 units, internal garage) update: exterior nearly complete; signage set.

Looking SE from intersection of Herman St. and 16th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from 16th Ave. North at SCX crossing:

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from 14th Ave. North at SCX crossing:

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 14th Ave. North and Herman St:

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 4.jpeg

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 5.jpeg

Looking SW from Herman St., 1/2 block east of 16th Ave. North:

1501 Herman, Apex, July 16, 2022, 6.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, markhollin said:

Broadstone Berry Hill (4 stories, 303 units, 437 capacity internal garage) is moving forward with developer Alliance Residential finalizing the $16.1 million purchase of the 3.25 acre site at 2500 Bransford Ave. of Mrs. Grissom's Salads. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/berry-hill-site-eyed-for-mixed-use-building-sells-for-16-1m/article_3b01e85a-0799-11ed-a450-bfe3370ca9fa.html

Just drove by, but couldn’t snap a pic. They have dumpsters, some equipment, and erosion barriers down. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I couldn't agree more about the West End Park neighborhood as a whole.  I always get frustrated when I drive through it or see pictures of it, because as you said, it represents such a huge missed opportunity.  The density these days is there for a relatively vibrant urban neighborhood.  But unfortunately it appears that there was/is little in the way of development guidelines in place so in practice it has developed into just a random hodgepodge of insular disconnected apartment blocks that sit along a series of streets that look largely like they did thirty years ago.  It really is a mess as far as urban planning is concerned, and it's a shame to see.  Hopefully this new development, which appears to actually address the street and offer something for pedestrians, will inspire some change in the neighborhood.

I'll add to the sentiment about West End Park. I lived there in a now-demolished older building in the early 2000s. It now reminds me of some of the dense yet completely car-centric neighborhoods north of Atlanta. Agree that it is largely a failure of planning/ design guidelines.

• Like 3