Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Also, the current lone comment on the article has me in stitches...  :rofl:

I can't say I will miss that Jersey Mike's too much. They don't even use dill pickles. What kind of sandwich shop uses sweet pickles instead of dill pickles???!?!?!?! That is a crime against humanity but Jersey Mike's doesn't seem to think so.... That's a very Southern move and not very Jersey-esque
  • Like 4

27-unit luxury condo project planned near Centennial Park

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/01/19/unit-luxury-condo-project-planned-near-centennial-park/22001795/

Prices will range from $600K to $2.15M... :huh:

B9315921120Z.1_20150119140921_000_GF69NH

Historic Nashville facebook page is carrying this now,

the comments, oh the comments

people are so ill informed. 

Historic Nashville facebook page is carrying this now,

the comments, oh the comments

people are so ill informed. 

Many of the people in that group seem to not really be that interested in preserving historic architecture as much as they are simply terrified of change in general.

• Like 2

"Northwest corner" of Poston and 30th (from article)?    Is there such a corner?   30th dead ends into Poston from the south.   

Perhaps you observed only one portion of 30th, which, not unlike zillions of other misaligned, "broke-off" streets in the original grid, assumes a dog-leg path, where a given part appears to T-bone, but actually is offset from a continuing part, a hundred feet or greater left or right beyond that intersection.  I assume that the NW corner would be at the southern end of the 30th Ave block (which does have a NW corner at a 3-way) that runs from Poston to Burch Ave./Long Blvd.  The SE third or so of that trapazoidal block contains several old frame homes up to an alley.  I only hope that Metro requires that the alley be maintained throughout from 30th to 31st, and that it remains aligned with the alley from 30th to 29th.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Perhaps you observed only one portion of 30th, which, not unlike zillions of other misaligned, "broke-off" streets in the original grid, assumes a dog-leg path, where a given part appears to T-bone, but actually is offset from a continuing part, a hundred feet or greater left or right beyond that intersection.  I assume that the NW corner would be at the southern end of the 30th Ave block (which does have a NW corner at a 3-way) that runs from Poston to Burch Ave./Long Blvd.  The SE third or so of that trapazoidal block contains several old frame homes up to an alley.  I only hope that Metro requires that the alley be maintained throughout from 30th to 31st, and that it remains aligned with the alley from 30th to 29th.

-==-

Ahh, so it is. I actually thought of that possibility later as I was driving home tonight. (yeah, pretty boring drive home)

Yeah Burger wanted to tear down the old house next door and build a new restaurant on the land.  The planning commission disapproved the request because of parking.  Perhaps they gave up on that site and will retrofit the Lone Wolf building instead?

The Lone Wolf tattoo parlor next to Chuey's on Broadway has moved. Any word on what will happen to this building?