Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

The shorter section is being built on top of an existing building, probably restricting the height.

Interesting.   And I see the existing tenants will remain in the building. 

I've always liked the lollipop hollies, btw.    I run past this building all the time and it feels a little like Willie Wonka land as I duck and dodge around the lollipops.  

• Like 1

I'm sure this is old, but I don't remember a Hard Rock Hotel proposal ever being mentioned for the corner of 17th and Broadway.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16408197/17th-Avenue-Broadway-Nashville-TN/

That's really strange.  That's either the location of the future Skyhouse or it would be the parking lot of Barbara Orbison's building.  Either way, I'd say that has to just be someone's speculation last year (or earlier).  At least this could be another indication that Hard Rock really wants to build a hotel here.

Yes, probably referring to the Skyhouse site, but.....if only they were talking about the Import Automotive Maintenance property; the buildings in the middle of the West End/Broadway split. That would be the best project in a long while.

Broadway%20Split_zps1tebhzmv.jpg

MOAR HEIGHT.

• Like 1

Yes, probably referring to the Skyhouse site, but.....if only they were talking about the Import Automotive Maintenance property; the buildings in the middle of the West End/Broadway split. That would be the best project in a long while.

I really hope someone builds something iconic on that land one day.  It's the perfect place for a "statement" building.

• Like 3

Thanks for including the billboard.  I hope that is part of the design for any future building there.

• Like 4

Anyone know what's going on at 21st and Church/Elliston? Fencing and barricades are up on the entire western half of the block surrounding and 1 and adjacent 2-3 floor building and appears to be prepped for demo.

Western block of 21st and Church?  Isn't that Krispy Kreme?  

It's the southeastern quadrant of the intersection of Church and 21st, at the medical plaza of the "old" hospital and across 21st from our precious pastry purveyor. Unspecified upgrade work as noted here and here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/10/6/permit_patrol_6_october_2014

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/3/2/saint_thomas_midtown_work_lands_32m_in_permits

• Like 1

It would be nice but I can't help but cringe at what that intersection would be like during construction.  They would probably close off a lane each of West End and Broadway.

This company is on fire. They are on pace to open about 10 restaurants this year. Even though the majority of their restaurants are small chains, they have concepts that are new to Nashville and a couple of my favorites like Jim and Nicks and Tazikis.

I like that they are opening "food markets" with 2-3 restaurants per market. Cuts costs, shared seating and parking, and gives customers options.

This seems like a terrible fit for the neighborhood. Was hoping for something nicer than Tazikis and a Juice bar.

Across the street Aladdins hookah bar is about to open, and will close by the end of the year. The concepts going into these places just don't make sense imo.