Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Who said HCA was a crummy "corporate citizen"?  What's not to like?  They have bland low-rise offices and wide swaths of parking. Oh... and let's not ignore the very attractive temporary buildings (death traps in a storm) lining their Charlotte Avenue parking lot.  So temporary they've been there for 20 years.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/5/13/tristar_has_no_development_plans_for_ex_lentz_site_slated_for_surface_p

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Interested in seeing what a render will be. This could really help liven up that corner.

While I'm saying this for effect, anything that gets erected on that particular corner would be a long-awaited, "R-o-l-a-i-d-s" relief over the literally slum of an eyesore that has simply been beckoning to be torn down.

Hell, I've had to stop frequenting that nearby Krispy-Kreme factory, because I always have had a hard time keeping from gagging, after chuckin' down a half dozen, and driving past that atrocity at that corner.  It always had been a disservice to the nearby Lee Apartments on the same part of Hayes.  You really have to observe that building directly from the street to see what I mean.  Whether or not the existing medical bldg is structurally stable, the mid-20th C. girder-and-curtain construction of colored panels and awning-type window regulators has been allowed to fall into a rather advanced state of weathered neglect, as seen from the curb on 21st.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

While I'm saying this for effect, anything that gets erected on that particular corner would be a long-awaited, "R-o-l-a-i-d-s" relief over the literally slum of an eyesore that has simply been beckoning to be torn down.

Hell, I've had to stop frequenting that nearby Krispy-Kreme factory, because I always have had a hard time keeping from gagging, after chuckin' down a half dozen, and driving past that atrocity at that corner.  It always had been a disservice to the nearby Lee Apartments on the same part of Hayes.  You really have to observe that building directly from the street to see what I mean.  Whether or not the existing medical bldg is structurally stable, the mid-20th C. girder-and-curtain construction of colored panels and awning-type window regulators has been allowed to fall into a rather advanced state of weathered neglect, as seen from the curb on 21st.

-==-

That Krispy Kreme is such a buzz kill.  You're walking down Elliston Place, thinking, 'okay, this is good...this is nice...a real, walkable, urban strip, ripe with character...and then you see that thing, complete with drive thru and parking lot, taking up a larger footprint than a 40 story office tower...

• Like 2

That Krispy Kreme is such a buzz kill.  You're walking down Elliston Place, thinking, 'okay, this is good...this is nice...a real, walkable, urban strip, ripe with character...and then you see that thing, complete with drive thru and parking lot, taking up a larger footprint than a 40 story office tower...

...and you see the "hot and fresh" sign light up so you buy a dozen, completely destroying your health routine

• Like 3

You will NOT disrespect the Krispy Kreme. BAD BNA! :D

• Like 3

You will NOT disrespect the Krispy Kreme. BAD BNA! :D

Lol...yeah yeah, I realize they're a favorite for many, but Krispy Kreme is massively overrated to me.  No complexity of flavor to their donuts at all in my opinion.  Just sugar on top of sugar. 

• Like 3

Lol...yeah yeah, I realize they're a favorite for many, but Krispy Kreme is massively overrated to me.  No complexity of flavor to their donuts at all in my opinion.  Just sugar on top of sugar. 

...and that's exactly why I stop buyin' em. I love 'em too darn much, they put a niche in belly, because I hoard and eat the whole phreakin' dozen in a swoop ─ 2 at a time.

That particular K-K factory always did dazzle me, because of that green and silver (polished stainless steel) soffit surrounding the thing.  Not as gaudy and tacky as the one at Thompson Ln.

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Lol...yeah yeah, I realize they're a favorite for many, but Krispy Kreme is massively overrated to me. No complexity of flavor to their donuts at all in my opinion. Just sugar on top of sugar.

We need our own version of Portland's Voodoo Donuts.

Good call...they do good work.  There is actually a small Amish place in Northern Indiana called Rise n Roll that sells their wares at a couple Farmers Markets over here...man they have me spoiled on the doughnut front.  Ridiculously good product.

The Arcade downtown was home (for a short time, sadly) of a great little shop called "Peace, Love & Little Donuts." They were very yummy treats, indeed! Tough to make a successful business plan on M-F lunchtime traffic for donuts, I suppose.

The Arcade downtown was home (for a short time, sadly) of a great little shop called "Peace, Love & Little Donuts." They were very yummy treats, indeed! Tough to make a successful business plan on M-F lunchtime traffic for donuts, I suppose.

That was Buddy Jewels place. I had heard they were going to make a go of it somewhere else, but not sure.

Is the apartment building that was approved recently and planned for the block (south of the old United Artist Tower) on 17th Avenue (Music Square West) under construction yet?

Not yet. The houses have been demo'ed but the SESAC HQ remains for now. Final site plan has been in front of planning since the end of January and all the regulatory hurdles have been met as far as I know.

• Like 1

The Metro development tracker website has the site plan for the proposed 15 story hotel at 21st and Hayes.

Good find! Interesting choice to have the hotel front Hayes Street and not 21st, I didn't realize that was the intended orientation of the hotel.

What's the parking situation going to be? I can't quite tell from that plan that they have any entrances for an underground garage.