Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Ten years ago, I never would have expected development in Midtown to be so far south of where it appeared to be going (to me anywhere). Would have bet money that it would go in a straight line west along Church and Broadway.  Just count the buildings that were not there a decade ago. With so many more on the way.  

nashville midtown 8_06_2015 707.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Agree ML. The problem is the surface lots are mostly owned by the heirs of the Carell Family and they won't sell. Believe me, Tony G and others have made bids for those lots over the years to no avail. I guess developers build where they can get a lot, and they are not always the best lots either. I would love to see Skyhouse on Church Street across from MUMC.

Edited by Paramount747

Have had many a meal and beverage at Corner Pub over the decades.  Hope they can resurface in another location nearby.  Certainly was expecting this to happen as that lot is surrounded by other large-scale developments.

Never ate there as the Corner Pub but had several meals at its predecessor... Granite Falls, I believe. It was even one of the few places in midtown/downtown that was open for business on the night of April 15th, 1998.  Anyone remember the significance of that date?  I was in town on my first assignment out of Atlanta, and let's say it was memorable indeed. 

Edited by MLBrumby

Never ate there as the Corner Pub but had several meals at its predecessor... Granite Falls, I believe. It was even one of the few places in midtown/downtown that was open for business on the night of April 15th, 1998.  Anyone remember the significance of that date?  I was in town on my first assignment out of Atlanta, and let's say it was memorable indeed. 

Nashville Tornado! I remember it well....

• Like 1

Twin tower residential/hotel proposing an early 2016 start in Midtown.  I'm just glad they built the Hattie-B's on Charlotte since this one will be gone.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/8/11/early_2016_start_targeted_for_midtown_twin_tower_project

I'm pretty sure that little strip with Hattie B's and GiGi's is supposed to stay.

Charlotte Avenue gets attention from urban planners. Running from Downtown all the way out to White Bridge Road. (wasn't sure if I should post this in this thread---the Charlotte Avenue thread seems to have been combined elsewhere)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson /2015/08/11/urban-planners-try-improve-charlotte-avenue/31458857/

Edited by markhollin

What chances do you give this project of becoming reality?  And what about the twin-tower two blocks up Broadway?  

Just imagining for moment, if those buildings are built along the north side of B'way... that will be quite a canyon from Skyhouse all the way down to Aertsen... and even very urban all the way past Vandy (especially when the Children's Hospital expansion is built all the way to 21st.  

• Like 1