Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Speaking of lending and the pendulum swinging over to the overly-conservative side...I've noticed that this has left a space for peer-to-peer lending to grow.  And...it appears some of these peer lenders are very aggressive and quite liberal with their loaning.  I had a friend that applied...and all they did was look at his credit score and within 24 hours, they deposited 30k in his bank account.  Didn't look at any other financial stuff on him (no tax returns or income receipts).  Interesting how much lending has changed over the last 5-10 years.

That looks very tall for a 6-story building (13-14 ft per floor?). Could be 80 feet tall. 

So what is located at the site now?  Google map shows a one-story office building with a parking lot in front. Do I have the correct site? 

Edited by MLBrumby

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

That looks very tall for a 6-story building (13-14 ft per floor?). Could be 80 feet tall. 

So what is located at the site now?  Google map shows a one-story office building with a parking lot in front. Do I have the correct site? 

Pretty sure it's the current CMA building...and I think the CMA is moving into the new SESAC building.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hopefully in building this new project, the city decides to finally reverse that idiotic decision to randomly sever the street connection there.

The Music Row plan calls for improved pedestrian and bike connections between Sigler and Hawkins to Music Circle.

• Like 1

Nothing special, but better than the "ranch house" that serves as the nursing home. And good to have underground parking and the density there. Now if that vacant lot across from old Sunset Grill can get the development planned years ago... I rather liked what I recall of that building. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Rendering and info on the new 76-unit apartment complex replacing Belcourt Terrace Nursing Home at Wedgwood and 11th Avenue. Will have parking garage underneath.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/04/first-look-apartments-planned-hillsboro-village/79814046/

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 10.40.02 AM.png

I like the address worked into the siding.

• Like 1

On February 5, 2016 at 10:44 AM, markhollin said:

Rendering and info on the new 76-unit apartment complex replacing Belcourt Terrace Nursing Home at Wedgwood and 11th Avenue. Will have parking garage underneath.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/04/first-look-apartments-planned-hillsboro-village/79814046/

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 10.40.02 AM.png

Doesn't this look more or less like every new apartment building constructed in Nashville over the last three years?   I am glad they put the number on the side.  Otherwise, it would be completely indistinguishable from the others. Will look better than the dilapidated nursing home (I suppose), but disappointing for a high traffic corridor. 

Edited by bnaflyer
  • Like 3

Here is a small project in Edgehill between Music Row and the Gulch.  It's obviously not going to be skyline altering but it is indicative of what is going on in the area.  This will be five units, each 2100-2500 sq feet located in an oddly shaped lot adjacent to I-40. Because of the interstate it will have protected views of the Gulch.

73FF06EE-3303-487F-88A5-BE4ED9BCA047_zps

BFF82A35-0979-4B77-BF3A-E124FB427964.png

• Like 4

There are at least two additional projects pending in addition to the old CMA site (Panattoni Development).  Plus we are seing construction on Bill Ruff's project between Sigler and Hawkins along 13th Ave S and an adjacent development.  

If anyone hasn't driven from the Gulch to Wedgewood lately, definitely do so. In a year it is going to be drastically different.  The Archer St townhomes are proceeding quickly (and they play very large given their location), there are several units under construction across 12th from Archer, and work is imminently starting on the two townhome project across from the new Midtown Hills precinct.  We've finally gotten rid of the discount tobacco and beer shop at 12th and Wedgewood.  You can also see the apartments just south of Wedgewood on the east side of 12th growing higher. 

• Like 2