Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I don't think that's the rendering for this project.  I found the Tennessean article with the pic attached as a generic image of the Hyatt House brand. http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/09/28/199-room-hyatt-house-hotel-planned-nashville-midtown-site/91242730/ 

Article mentions at least 6 stories.  The room count is almost 200, and given very tight (barely more than 1/2 acre) parcel for that many rooms, you're probably looking at only about 25 rooms per floor.  Also that many rooms would require substantial parking for 175 cars, or so, which would be 3-4 levels. If they are above ground, I'm predicting 12-13 floors at this one.  

• Like 2

So with a new classical midrise tower that Vandy could build in the foreground parking lot, that stretch of Midtown will look very urban indeed.  I think I ate in a restaurant in that low rise, nondescript building at the left, but I don't recall the name. Hopefully that dump will be going soon. 

• Like 1

"Developers land Marriott-brand hotel with views of the Parthenon"

A 10-story Fairfield Inn & Suites is in the works at a site one block off West End Avenue. The investors pursuing the 156-room hotel plan to request a necessary variance from Metro next month.

The developer is in final talks with lender regarding a construction loan. Should Metro approve the variance, the project is expected to break ground in the second half of 2017.

Article: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/12/13/developers-land-marriott-brand-hotel-with-views-of.html

fairfield.JPG

29th.JPG

Edited by Canuck87
  • Like 4

From today's Nashville Post:

Vanderbilt University Medical Center has landed a major permit related to the expansion of its Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital.

The Nashville-area office of Turner Construction Co. is handling the job, with the permit valued at $80.15 million.

The project will see four floors added to the existing structure. The hospital has an address of 2200 Children’s Way.

Two tower cranes are erected and ready for work.  Here is the latest rendering, which, when completed, shows the Children's Hospital being 12- stories in height. 

Vanderbilt_Children_s.58505957905c1.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

That appears to fit in nicely in that neighborhood... brick, low-rise, traditional design and set back appropriately from the street.

.Well it's certainly eons better that the mish-mash crap that had been there.  We all know that it's cheaply built stick-frame, but the veneer at least looks decent.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^That Uber/Lyft agreement is very interesting.  I bet a lot more companies try to do this.

Love this idea - and it sounds like the leading edge of a fast approaching reality. Car ownership and usage is going to take a dramatic turn....  So many things changing with unprecedented speed and scope.

• Like 2