Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

There is another Stonehenge project slated for the 18th S and Chet Atkins corner. I gave WW some information on it the other day and there is a story in the Post about this. Details I am sure are pending. I would guess this will be about the size of the Note 16 project. remember this is a guess, but the property in question is about the same size, maybe a tad larger.

There is another Stonehenge project slated for the 18th S and Chet Atkins corner. I gave WW some information on it the other day and there is a story in the Post about this. Details I am sure are pending. I would guess this will be about the size of the Note 16 project. remember this is a guess, but the property in question is about the same size, maybe a tad larger.

Can you specify which corner?

I am guessing this one. http://goo.gl/maps/ogBJi

So the Stonehenge project will remove what I think is the ugliest building (it's a close contest between this one and the aforementioned parking structure) on Music Row at 815 18th Avenue... that boxy building with the glass circle around the front entrance.  I remember that hideous thing from when I was living in Nashville.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130425/BUSINESS02/304250038/Approval-sought-apartment-project-Music-Row-area

The five parcels mentioned in the Tennessean run from the recently added block of condos (I think they're condos), south to the corner of Chet Atkins. Having seen their projects (in pictures) in other locations around Nashville, I'm predicting a "widescraper" of about 5 floors +/-.

Edited by MLBrumby

CandyAisles photograph reminds me that Vanderbilt announced this week that it will convert from coal to natural gas. The conversion will start this Fall and will result in the loss of the great smokestack seen in this photo.

Aww, why can't they just keep it?!

• Like 1

CandyAisles photograph reminds me that Vanderbilt announced this week that it will convert from coal to natural gas. The conversion will start this Fall and will result in the loss of the great smokestack seen in this photo.

I too doubt the smokestack will come down. See also, RMH. Also, welcome to the board!

It makes sense for them to make the change to natgas... because coal-fired plants are now subject to huge penalties from the EPA (and gas is much cheaper these days).  A tall brick tower like that (and that age) is usually a liability too.  Not close to this decision but I have worked with many decisions like this with a client (TVA). 

I recently toured Note 16 and took several pictures. If any one is interested you can see some of them and read a little more about them on the Edgehill Village Neighborhood Association website. Its the first story on the topic slider. I'm the website guy for the association and am on the executive committee. Almost nothing revealed there is new to anyone here, but most of the residents don't keep up with development news like we do so they will hopefully find it interesting. I say "almost" because in the last paragraph I do disclose a little tidbit of real estate development news for the neighborhood. Don't get your hopes up....it will only house a couple families, but its all I got for now. :-)

As an aside, I talked with the developers of Note 16 and they were really nice. They seemed to truly be interested in the neighborhood and local businesses and residents. They also are supposed to be getting bids very soon in regards to selling Note 16 which was previously mentioned here. I'm looking forward to what they have planned at 18th and Chet Atkins.

www.edgehillvillagena.org

The website is only a month or so old so it is fairly bare bones for now, but that will change over time.....hopefully.

The VU campus smokestack will, in fact, be razed. I emailed various Vanderbilt officials about this to voice my disappointment. An unfortunate loss. Nashville has so little cool industrial architecture that to lose even one piece is a blow.

WW

Update on the Vandy Dorms...from up high.

13+-+1.jpg

Great photo, CAisles

WW