Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

A five story "tower" is a misnomer for sure. That is in the TN headline. Give me a break. 

"Tower" seems to have a different meaning in healthcare vs development circles. Many hospitals (including Centennial) label their different buildings "towers" even though when compared to downtown they aren't even close. It would be interesting to see when and where that originated but it's something I've heard frequently in all the hospitals I've been in. 

• Like 1

From the Nashville Post:

Brentwood-based GBT Realty has landed the latest permit for its Belcourt Park residential project underway in Hillsboro Village. The Nashville office of Mississippi-based W.G. Yates and Sons Construction Co. is handling the job, with the permit valued at about $6.4 million.

The building will be located at 1710 Belcourt Ave., with the project expected to carry a price tag of about $20 million. 

• Like 4

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units, retail/restaurant) update. Fencing up and excavation has begun:

Looking south from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro 1, June 25, 2017.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro 2, June 25, 2017.jpg

Looking west from near intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 19th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro 3, June 25, 2017.jpg

• Like 3

V21 news:  With the addition of Rock N Roll Sushi, six of Village 21’s seven retail spaces are accounted for. Other tenants include The Urban Juicer, lifestyle boutique Mountain High Outfitters, contemporary boutique South Boutique and Mexican taqueria Taco Mama. Like Rock N Roll Sushi, the parent companies of the three are based in Alabama.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20865886/hillsboro-village-building-lands-asian-restaurant

• Like 2

A little more info on the announcement last month about Hutton Hotel's new live music venue.  Will also include two new songwriter rooms branded in honor of country star Dierks Bentley and pop hitmaker Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic.

The music venue, a 10,000-square-foot space to be called Analog, is currently under construction inside the Nashville hotel's parking facility.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/06/29/hutton-hotel-live-music-venue-dierks-bentley-songwriter-room/437450001/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Walked past V21 today. Man, what an impact this made on the area. Getting rid of that suburban lot was a great improvement. Also can't wait for that Moxy to get started. Huge lack of hotels in this area.

Just looked it up on Google streetview, and while it is still in the middle of construction on there you can already tell that it is going to have a huge impact on the urban feel of the neighborhood.  What a huge boost this and the Moxy Hotel, which are both replacing large parking lots, have had and will have on Hillsboro Village.  Now if only we could get something solid to replace the Mapco on the north end and the Shell on the south end, we'd really be in business! 

Quick question about V21 though.  On google streetview it appears as though it stops short of fronting Wedgewood Ave.  Is this the case in the finished product?  If so, I'd be very disappointed.

• Like 2

Just now, Nathan_in_DC said:

There is a small setback from Wedgewood, I believe it's a driveway. 

A driveway??  A driveway for what?!  Hahaha wow... that is not what I expected to hear!

Ugh... still a great project, but seems like we get so much of that in Nashville... we get so close to getting it right and building a structure perfect for an urban setting, and then we just can't help ourselves when some of our old suburban nature comes bubbling back up to the surface and taints the project with a huge grass setback or a big blank wall or parking lot or... driveway...  it's like we just can't completely quit the Nashville of 1983.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

A driveway??  A driveway for what?!  Hahaha wow... that is not what I expected to hear!

Ugh... still a great project, but seems like we get so much of that in Nashville... we get so close to getting it right and building a structure perfect for an urban setting, and then we just can't help ourselves when some of our old suburban nature comes bubbling back up to the surface and taints the project with a huge grass setback or a big blank wall or parking lot or... driveway...  it's like we just can't completely quit the Nashville of 1983.  

Isn't it a drivethru lane for the Regions bank that is part of the development?

7 minutes ago, samsonh said:

All,

a two story restaurant will be built where the temporary regions branch is. There wil be a small gap between that and the main building. It is supposed to be acelebrity restaurant of some sort.

Thanks for the great news!  I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to put on my drama queen hat.  lol

3 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Here is a picture from a couple days ago of the building at 18th and Grand along Music Row. It was called Music City Flats at one point, now I can't remember what it is called. It's really helping with the urbanization of Music Row. Its height messes nicely with the neighborhood as well.

EA9B142D-D7B9-4758-86AA-4A3030D0C970_zps

Here are pictures of M Residence behind Artison on 18th. It has nice ground level retail. This is an often forgotten (at least in my mind) residential development, but it will play a prominent role in Midtown.

AB0767D5-3F25-4EA7-8C99-F99AC4E28E5F_zps

92485e52-c882-4291-9ea8-e00f9f2443e1_zps

D9D74636-3DF2-4AB7-9FAF-55A760998682_zps

the building looks great now if the city can get in the habit of getting rid the power lines

• Like 3