Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

NBJ talking about a Chicago investor developing a 20 story high-rise in Midtown...but from the render, I'm not exactly sure where this will be located.  Can anyone access the article?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/09/01/chicago-developer-unveils-plans-for-midtown-high.html

screen-shot-2017-09-01-at-122451-pm*660xx909-511-0-149.png

Edited by titanhog

5 minutes ago, titanhog said:

NBJ talking about a Chicago investor developing a 20 story high-rise in Midtown...but from the render, I'm not exactly sure where this will be located.  Can anyone access the article?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/09/01/chicago-developer-unveils-plans-for-midtown-high.html

If you scroll down, you can see it's planned for 1815 Division.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

There is an older brick structure there now that is probably three stories or so talk.  I've always liked that building but always knew it's days would be numbered. 

It really pisses me off that these are the types of structures being torn down for development in Midtown and not those god awful drive thru fast food joints that take up entire lots on their own.  They really make for an embarrassing look for Nashville's premiere gateway avenue.  

• Like 4

I personally prefer the quirky octagon to this generic looking brick... we need more quirk and less generic in this world, in my opinion, even if that quirk does come in a package that is not what most would consider to be conventionally attractive.  

That being said i do like this project and the street activiation it brings. :)

• Like 2

From today's Nashville Post:

Nashville-based 121 Flats LLC has landed a permit to develop a Centennial Park-area parcel with a four-story building to include three high-end apartments and five luxury hotel units. 

Previously, the boutique project tentatively was to have been a three-story building with seven high-end condominiums and an office space.

According to a Metro Codes Department permit, the 121 Flats building will span about 13,500 square feet with an address of 121 30th Ave. N. A small home on the site soon will be demolished to accommodate the future building. The site is located one parcel from the southwest corner of the T-intersection of Poston and 30th.

The permit is valued at $1.44 million.

Tim Burrow, a partner at Midtown-based law firm Burrow & Cravens who focuses his legal work on construction and real estate matters, owns the property. A former contractor, Burrow could not be reached for comment.

A source with information about the project and who asked go unnamed said the building will be clad in brick painted white and highlighted with black window and door treatments. The source said Burrow is hoping to create a “classic, timeless design aesthetic” for the building.

Of note, the new building will sit in a pocket of the West End corridor that continues to seen an increase in building and people density. The parcel is adjacent to the six-story West End Lofts II, which Brentwood-based CODA Development undertook in the 2000s. West End Loft I also is sited nearby. Across Poston from the property stands seven-story luxury condominium building The Poston at The Park. A 10-story Fairfield Inn & Suites hotel is planned for Poston and 29th.

A detailed image of 121 Flats has not been submitted to the Metro Planning Department.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 8.44.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 8.45.52 AM.png

• Like 2

Moxy Hotel (7 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units, restaurants, garage) update. Some water to be pumped after heavy rains a week ago.

Looking west from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 19th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village 1, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking east from 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village 2, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking north along 20th Ave. South towards Belcourt Ave:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village 3, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

• Like 2