Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, markhollin said:

Hopsmith Tavern (2 stories) is now complete and open for business.

Looking south from intersection of Division and 19th Ave. south:

Hopsmith Tavern, Dec 3, 2017 1.jpg

Looking SE from Division St:

Hopsmith Tavern, Dec 3, 2017 2.jpg

So how much of the existing house was saved? Or did they build it all from scratch, which would be cool also if they did.

• Like 1

Tribe Kelley Trading Post,  Tree Vibez Music Publishing, and Meet + Greet, a private meeting and event space are coming to the former homes at 1910-1912 21st Ave. South in Hillsboro Village, that were originally built around 1910. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/12/12/florida-georgia-line-plans-for-hillsboro-village.html

1910 21st Ave South, June, 2017.jpg

1912 21st Ave South, June, 2017.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, markhollin said:

Found this aerial pic online of Vandy Children's Hospital expansion from August.  Am fascinated with how they put this 4 story, 80 ft. addition on top of the existing 8 stories. 

Vandy Childrens Hospital aerial Aug 2, 2017.jpg

I imagine that this must also be a point of intrigue to patients. Children looking into the sky in awe, or out of their windows at the progress. I'm sure it's most certainly a pain at times, but at other times, what an unexpected pleasure it must be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtianpoop said:

I imagine that this must also be a point of intrigue to patients. Children looking into the sky in awe, or out of their windows at the progress. I'm sure it's most certainly a pain at times, but at other times, what an unexpected pleasure it must be.

My niece was in there a few months ago and you can’t even tell what’s happening above. They’re making a point to make the construction as non-invasive as possible, the only change is a slight increase in elevator traffic. 

• Like 2

Moxy Hotel-Nashville Vanderbilt images as a reminder. 

559-1168x428.jpg

58b9d3bf204ca_MoxyHotelHillsboroVillager

58b9d3c05b0b3_MoxyHotelHillsboroVillager

There's also this enlightening 2013 article from TIME on what the MOXY/IKEA concept for hotels aimed at millenials ("Whatever that is")

But a new hotel brand called Moxy has been specifically “designed to capture the rapidly emerging millennial traveler.”

Moxy rooms will be offered at price points and amenity levels somewhere in between a hostel and a four-star hotel. Typical nightly rates will range from $80 to $100. Considering that today’s millennials are living with high unemployment and underemployment amid a global economic slump, the below-average hotel price point is apparently a necessity.

In this case, being “wildly self-sufficient” translates as being OK with self-service. (Here’s where you might see the IKEA influence, what with its renowned cost-cutting DIY business model.) Guest shouldn’t expect a gaggle of fawning hotel staffers at Moxy properties. If anything, staffing will be minimal—which also helps Moxy keep prices down. Self check-in will be available via mobile devices, in an overall atmosphere designed for “savvy travellers who thrive on self-service and embrace new technology.”

• Like 3

While I generally get annoyed with the generalizing “millennials prefer....” statement (especially as a millennial myself), this hotel concept actually sounds extremely appealing to me. I barely use any of the features in hotels I stay, so not having to pay for those features while still getting to stay in a cool part of town is my kind of hotel. 

• Like 4

Nashville-based Regent Homes is targeting a January groundbreaking on a 13-home $5.8 million project on a West End Park site at which a three-story luxury condominium building had been planned.

The four buildings (three with four homes each and one single-residence structure) Regent plans will sit at the corner of the T-intersection of Long Boulevard and Burns Avenue. A small home and a quadplex recently were demolished at the site.

David McGowan, Regent president, said the construction timetable will be about nine months. The project is called The Long and Burns Row Houses.

Full story behind the paywall at The Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20987081/townhome-project-eyed-for-west-end-park

Long and Burns Townhouses render, Jan 2018.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.54.01 PM.png