Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

This has been in the work for a couple years. I do wonder if the news by St Thomas drove TriStar to release information to get in the news.  Work at Skyline is going to commence in a couple weeks.  The floors won't be added to the tower part though. The floors will cover a huge footprint to the side of the tower. Roughly 60 new beds will be added, most of which are ICU beds to support growth in the trauma program and other critical care functions on one of the additional floors. The other additional floor will be shell space to allow for future growth. I don't know as much about the Summit addition. 

Also, at the base of Skyline the 6 floor (or 8 floor?) Hampton in is working on the base.

• Like 2

1710 Belcourt Place (4 stories, 76 units) update. Exterior nearly complete.

Looking SE from intersection of Wedgewood Ave. and 18th Ave. South:

1710 Belcourt Place, May 11, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Wedgewood Ave. and 18th Ave. South:

1710 Belcourt Place, May 11, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking south from intersection of Wedgewood Ave. and 18th Ave. South:

1710 Belcourt Place, May 11, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 18th Ave. South:

1710 Belcourt Place, May 11, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking NW from eastern side of property:

1710 Belcourt Place, May 11, 2018, 5.jpg

• Like 4

Panattoni Development is eyeing Bobby's Idle Hour bar and four other historic Music Row sites for its third office building on the iconic music-industry strip.  The 16th Avenue craftsman-style buildings there now include the bar, Warner/Chappell Music's publishing company, and former offices of the Ed Bruce agency and Creative Soul Music Academy, among other music-industry businesses.

A public meeting about the plans is set for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 22, at Edgehill United Methodist Church, at 1502 Edgehill Ave.

Some residents are already speaking out about concerns with losing another piece of the community's rich history.

Panattoni is looking at another office building that would be no more than 5 stories. 

At one point, a new Music Row Code, which would have implemented new design guidelines and created a committee to approve projects, seemed on the brink of approval. But, the preservation guidelines were never approved and last year the Music Row Neighborhood Association dissolved.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/05/19/office-building-being-considered-place-five-historic-music-row-sites/624613002/

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Panattoni Development is eyeing Bobby's Idle Hour bar and four other historic Music Row sites for its third office building on the iconic music-industry strip.  The 16th Avenue craftsman-style buildings there now include the bar, Warner/Chappell Music's publishing company, and former offices of the Ed Bruce agency and Creative Soul Music Academy, among other music-industry businesses.

A public meeting about the plans is set for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 22, at Edgehill United Methodist Church, at 1502 Edgehill Ave.

Some residents are already speaking out about concerns with losing another piece of the community's rich history.

Panattoni is looking at another office building that would be no more than 5 stories. 

At one point, a new Music Row Code, which would have implemented new design guidelines and created a committee to approve projects, seemed on the brink of approval. But, the preservation guidelines were never approved and last year the Music Row Neighborhood Association dissolved.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/05/19/office-building-being-considered-place-five-historic-music-row-sites/624613002/

This building would have, quite literally, been in my back yard up until a couple years ago. I would often wake up when the late night staff would dump the beer bottles into the dumpsters around 2AM. I assumed that strip of business would be going eventually, and I wasn't all that keen on having an office building overlooking my back yard.   That was one of the major reasons we sold our house a couple years ago. 

This area is really tough because single family residential is zoned directly adjacent to a higher intensity business zone. It creates a very dramatic change in use.  I'm less concerned about the "heritage" being lost.  Bobby's Idle Hour hasn't been there for years and years....it was in a different location until 2004.  

• Like 1

Panattoni Development Company says that the new office project along 16th Ave. South at Tremont Place (5 adjacent properties totalling .84 acre, including Bobby's Idle Hour bar) will be 5 stories, and not 8 stories as rumored a few days ago.

There is another community meeting tonight to address concerns from neighbors. This will be the third meeting they have hosted soliciting feedback. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/22/music-row-developer-new-project-can-help-historic.html

'There's going to be nothing left of Music Row': Residents plead for reprieve from development:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/05/23/nashville-music-row-development-bobbys-idle-hour/629165002/

56 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Panattoni Development Company says that the new office project along 16th Ave. South at Tremont Place (5 adjacent properties totalling .84 acre, including Bobby's Idle Hour bar) will be 5 stories, and not 8 stories as rumored a few days ago.

There is another community meeting tonight to address concerns from neighbors. This will be the third meeting they have hosted soliciting feedback. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/22/music-row-developer-new-project-can-help-historic.html

Just across the street from where I used to own a property.  I'm kicking myself for selling in 2013.

I stand squarely against more redevelopment anywhere south of Grand Ave. Yes there is a lot of "cheese" there but this is also what makes Nashville different. Development for the sake of development is not good as we are loosing the history and quirkiness that is Nashville.

Metro Planning missed the boat with the grand idea of halting development in this area and frankly did not have the gonads to approve the plan. I am fine with the area north of Grand as the gen is out of the bottle there.

• Like 3

North Point Hospitality has proposed a two-building hotel project at 1901 Church St.  It would straddle the alley w/ a skybridge behind the one-story building (which it would replace) at the SW corner of 19th and Church Sts. and rise up to 15 stories. With a total of 339 rooms, it would be the largest of all new midtown hotels, and apparently have a presence at the NW corner of Hayes and 19th (just 2 blocks east of the new 15 story Hyatt Place at 21st and Hayes). No rendering at this time. 

From NBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/24/developer-eyes-two-hotels-at-midtown-site.html

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, markhollin said:

Originally I thought this development on the hillside at the junction of Orleans Dr. and Acklen Ave. a block east of West End Ave. was going to be townhouses.  But they all appear to be large single family homes.

Interesting fenestration on these buildings.

Vanderbilt University has paid $2.35 million for the Hillsboro Village property home to Nashville mainstay Sportsman's Grille.

The university finalized a deal for the site at 1601 21st Ave. S. in April, said Southeast Venture broker J.C. Darby, who listed the property for sale for $2 million in January.

The lease for the bar and pool hall expires May 31, said university spokeswoman Ann Marie Deer Owens. She said plans for the site have not yet been finalized. 

More here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/05/25/vanderbilt-buys-sportsmans-grille-site-hillsboro-village/645676002/

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 3.48.27 PM.png

• Like 1

Ugh.  Vanderbilt will probably knock down the building, build a parking lot that remains there for years while they figure out what to do with it, and then wind up putting up something that contributes zero to the vibrancy of the neighborhood.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hutton Hotel building was my grandfathers office building when my grandparents moved here in 1967.  his company moved to Maryland Farms in the early 80s.

I really hope, Vandy will find a good use for the sprotsmans grill building.  I know they will just knock it down, but one can hope.