Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

If this turns out to be true, or even if it doesn't, he may no longer be the face of the Beaman car dealerships. Does anyone recall the hullabaloo with the "Carnival Kia" divorce years ago. It may come under new leadership, with people who may be more open to selling these prime properties. And I don't mean to be crass, but if his wallet takes a hit due to any settlements, he may be more inclined to sell lots and relocate.

That's kind of the angle I went with here in my post, regardless of the prenup, his reputation is going to take a massive hit, and it might force his hand. The Carnival Kia guy, and his name escapes me as well, had to sell out almost immediately after everything became public. Despite the changes, Nashville is still a city built on reputation, and if the allegations are in fact true, he might need to start listening to potential buyers  now. I'm sorry that this turned into a "circus" for lack of a better word, but my angle was purely about the property, not the man, as much as I may not like him.

2 minutes ago, Predsboy18 said:

That's kind of the angle I went with here in my post, regardless of the prenup, his reputation is going to take a massive hit, and it might force his hand. The Carnival Kia guy, and his name escapes me as well, had to sell out almost immediately after everything became public. Despite the changes, Nashville is still a city built on reputation, and if the allegations are in fact true, he might need to start listening to potential buyers  now. I'm sorry that this turned into a "circus" for lack of a better word, but my angle was purely about the property, not the man, as much as I may not like him.

Bostick(Kia I believe) was always out and about, and stories were often heard about him. Stories have often been around about beaman too, but the court documents make it more real.

• Like 1

This thread us comical. 

Rest assured that Beaman will not be selling any assets to pay for a prenup divorce.

btw, I have no clue what the truth is regarding their long marriage...I would venture a guess that no one forces this lady to do anything against her will...

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

This thread us comical. 

Rest assured that Beaman will not be selling any assets to pay for a prenup divorce.

btw, I have no clue what the truth is regarding their long marriage...I would venture a guess that no one forces this lady to do anything against her will...

I’ll trust the court documents and testimony. Should be a fun divorce trial for Mr. beaman. Lol at that video.

• Like 1

Yes, trusting testimony in an acidic divorce case where one party is attempting to do an end around a legal agreement that could cost her tens of millions of dollars.....ha.  ...... if history is a guide, your faith may be ill placed.

topanga....strapped!

6 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

Yes, trusting testimony in an acidic divorce case where one party is attempting to do an end around a legal agreement that could cost her tens of millions of dollars.....ha.  ...... if history is a guide, your faith may be ill placed.

Sure, that's fair enough.  But the flip side of the coin is that Beaman is also in an acidic divorce case and has 10's of millions of dollars on the line, too.  Does the same scrutiny not apply to him?  If history is a guide, divorce cases are always messy, especially high-dollar ones, and I'd assume that husbands and wives have been caught telling lies at about an equal measure.

More importantly, however, you'll note that Beaman isn't even denying the allegations: From The Scene: On Friday morning, Lee Beaman’s lawyers asked the court to strike Kelley Beaman’s brief, arguing it “contains immaterial, impertinent and scandalous matter only meant to harass Mr. Beaman and it has little to no relevance on the issues before the Court,” though the filing does not dispute the specific allegations. 

Also, several of Mrs. Beaman's claims involve acts that have witnesses, who could be called to testify if Mr. Beaman were he to deny them, which may be one reason he's not disputing those allegations.

Of course, none of this proves who is telling the truth or what actually happened, but I think the balance of the current available evidence is clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

topanga....strapped!

Lying under oath is a crime. That is why Beaman is not denying these things are true. 

• Like 2

That video is utterly embarrassing. I'm always surprised how people with means are so often such cliches... even what they say. Did they do this as an obligation to the NRA, or did they actually want to do this?  I'd decline with prejudice (lol)... and I'm an NRA member!  I know very little about the Beaman family. Always knew they were worth hundreds of millions from their bottling and auto interests and I vague recall an earlier divorce or estate fight back when I lived in Nashville. So my question about the first Mrs. Beaman... did she pass away. The two daughters speak as though only their father was caring for them when he met this woman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, Jamie Hall said:

My hunch is that Waffle House could build 20 locations in or near the downtown loop and they'd all stay busy. 

Echoing an earlier thought from another thread:

My hunch is that Waffle House Chik-fil-A could build 20 locations in or near the downtown loop and they'd all stay busy. 

(But I will be curious to see how this particular concept pays off.)

Edited by Jamie Hall
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Echoing an earlier thought from another thread:

My hunch is that Waffle House Chik-fil-A could build 20 locations in or near the downtown loop and they'd all stay busy. 

(But I will be curious to see how this particular concept pays off.)

I for one, would welcome both of these ideas 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, MLBrumby said:

That video is utterly embarrassing. I'm always surprised how people with means are so often such cliches... even what they say. Did they do this as an obligation to the NRA, or did they actually want to do this?  I'd decline with prejudice (lol)... and I'm an NRA member!  I know very little about the Beaman family. Always knew they were worth hundreds of millions from their bottling and auto interests and I vague recall an earlier divorce or estate fight back when I lived in Nashville. So my question about the first Mrs. Beaman... did she pass away. The two daughters speak as though only their father was caring for them when he met this woman. 

I understand this is the fourth marriage, so much for the family values the video seems to focus on.  Of course he was a big supporter of Roy Moore in Alabama.