Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

A 4 story, 6 unit condo structure 3131 Long Blvd. will be getting underway soon. A fall 2019 completion is planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21022546/west-end-park-prepped-for-next-project

3131 Long Blvd, Sept 7, 2018, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project in teal at the center of this frame:

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 1.03.43 PM.png

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, markhollin said:

The structure at 1721 Church St. that was home to Chappy's Restaurant up until 2013 (and has been empty since) may be demolished.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/17/this-infamous-shuttered-nashville-restaurant-may.html

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 12.44.47 PM.png

I think you can change the may to will, be as they have applied for the demo permit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units, retail/restaurant, underground parking) update.  Up to 5th floor in sections now.

Looking SE from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village, Sept 15, 2018.jpg

Really interesting construction techniques on this one. They are building out the inside of the building almost instantly as they go. Have not seen anything quite like it in Nashville. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, samsonh said:

Really interesting construction techniques on this one. They are building out the inside of the building almost instantly as they go. Have not seen anything quite like it in Nashville. 

@samsonh, is this just a different way to build or is it a new trend that is less expensive and faster?

On 9/26/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mr_Bond said:

@samsonh, is this just a different way to build or is it a new trend that is less expensive and faster?

I am sure it is less expensive and faster. Once the garage was finished this building has moved relatively quickly. The real question to me is how much longer it will take once the building is 'topped out'

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, samsonh said:

I am sure it is less expensive and faster. Once the garage was finished this building has moved relatively quickly. The real question to me is how much longer it will take once the building is 'topped out'

Very interesting.  I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of whether this method actually was faster for this building once you get a sense of it.  Thanks.

Quaver Music is expanding on Music Row, buying two old houses that it does not plan to tear down.  Instead, Quaver will be moving additional staff to the buildings located at 901 and 903 18th Ave. South. Quaver now owns five Music Row buildings housing about 70 staffers, visual and audio production facilities, with plans to add about 25 additional employees in the near future.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/09/27/nashville-quaver-music-row-expansion/1441982002/

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 3.49.54 PM.png

• Like 4

Eakin Partners has nixed plans to create a 12-story building in Midtown, one block off West End Avenue.

They have sold the .9 acre site at Vanderbilt Place and 30th Ave. South to Vanderbilt University for $10 million. The land is across from Vanderbilt employee parking lots and a block or so from Vanderbilt's football stadium.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/10/01/eakin-scraps-office-plans-as-vanderbilt-buys.html

More behind Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21025061/eakin-partners-passes-on-west-end-corridor-project

These are renderings of what had been planned, but is now off the table:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 2.58.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.10.57 PM.png

Belcourt Village (4 stories, 24,000 sq. ft. office/retail, 28 residential units, garage) update.  Crane base in place.  Hole now 35 feet deep in spots.

Looking east along Belcourt Ave. , 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Oct 2, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from Belcourt Ave. , 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Oct 2, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, samsonh said:

I live in Hillsboro Village. It is going through a lot of change right now. The addition of the Moxy hotel/apartments/retail will further tie the neighborhood together. Once this development is finished it will further draw in the small restaurants on Belcourt in. It is exciting to watch. My wish is for the post office land to be sold and developed into a mixed use project. 

Though it would be good to see the post office remain in the neighborhood like it is in The Arcade downtown.

14 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Though it would be good to see the post office remain in the neighborhood like it is in The Arcade downtown.

Agreed that it is nice to have. I've had passport photos taken there, and it is convenient to have a full service post office within walking distance. 

• Like 1

Given the volume of announcements over the past 3 months, they're no big deal now.  "Oh, yeah.  Found another one.  NBD."

LOL, I know... it’s like, “Meh... whateva.” Unless it has “750 ft.” or “60 floors” (or greater) in the header, then it seems to have little bearing. (Of course, we all know that this is not really true... right?) I suppose it is a matter of perspective.

I think it is so funny that I find myself seemingly more excited than many others on the Nashville forums about some of the projects going on... but now that I’m in the Atlanta area, I kind of have that attitude towards Atlanta. Unless it is something akin to the aforementioned attributes, I do not bat an eye. (Then again, metro Atlanta is still three times the size of metro Nashville... although that in and of itself is amazing. Not long ago, the gap was much greater.)

• Like 2

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units, retail, parking garage) update.  Beginning 5th floor.

Looking SE from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village, Oct 2, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE from 20th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Acklen Ave:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village, Oct 2, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking SW along Belcourt Ave. from intersection with 19th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village, Oct 2, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 3