Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Note they do NOT say they are preserving and updating the actual building, but that they are “preserving the unique and important history of the building. ” “History” says to me, “here comes the wrecking ball!” (And I’m okay with that.)

It really needs to come down.  If you've ever been inside it...or in its parking garage, you'll realize how much of a mess it is.

It really needs to come down.  If you've ever been inside it...or in its parking garage, you'll realize how much of a mess it is.

It looks like (to me) like they could be adding an “exoskeleton” to the original octagonal tower, if that’s even viable. I only say that because you can see a possible partial outline of the original octagonal shape on that repurposed top level, if you look closely.

*(After seeing the transformation of HCA’s Building 4, anything seems viable!)

Belcourt Village (4 stories,  2,000 sq. ft. office space, 12,00 sq. ft. retail, 28 apts, 4 level underground garage) update.  Crane up.

Looking SE from Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Oct 13, 2018, 1.jpg

Still digging.  Looking east along Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Oct 13, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking south from Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Oct 13, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 2

The one story structure at 1800 21st Ave. South that had been home to Jackson's Bar & Bistro for the past 18 years, is being razed.  No word from owner Randy Lagasse on what may be coming for the prime .29 acre property on the SE corner of 21st and Belcourt Ave.  It is not a historically significant building, even though it has been around for probably 7 decades.  When I first moved to Nashville in the early 80s, it was a Shell Service Station. Then it became a Dunkin Donuts, then another breakfast place (can't recall the name), and then Jackson's around '99.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/10/16/hillsboro-village-mainstay-slated-for-demolition.html

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 3.20.36 PM.png

• Like 1

Jackson's is wiped clean.  I had lots of memories with that building...from the 80s, when it was still a Shell Service Station (pumped gas there, had a faulty window replaced), Dunkin Donuts, and the various restaurant/bars at that site.  It's a valuable piece of property.  I'm guessing a 2-3 story mixed use building is what we'll see.

Looking SE from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Belcourt Ave:

Jackson's demo, Oct 20, 2018.jpg

• Sad 4

TriStar Centennial Hospital Garage (8 stories, retail on first level) update. Excavation underway.  I believe this will be the largest parking facility in central Tennessee.

Looking west from intersection of 23rd Ave. North and Patterson St:

TriStar Garage, Oct 20, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from intersection of 23rd Ave. North and Patterson St:

TriStar Garage, Oct 20, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, markhollin said:

Jackson's is wiped clean.  I had lots of memories with that building...from the 80s, when it was still a Shell Service Station (pumped gas there, had a faulty window replaced), Dunkin Donuts, and the various restaurant/bars at that site.  It's a valuable piece of property.  I'm guessing a 2-3 story mixed use building is what we'll see.

Looking SE from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Belcourt Ave:

Wow, they didn't waste much time tearing it down. Is that an indication that the owners are ready to build?

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

TriStar Centennial Hospital Garage (8 stories, retail on first level) update. Excavation underway.  I believe this will be the largest parking facility in central Tennessee.

The announcement for this garage says 2,280 parking spaces.  So, do you mean that this will be the largest stand-alone parking facility?  Seems like I've seen a number larger than 2,280 for other garages attached to another building.

JJ's market to close by end of December.  Looks more and more like Vandy will get that entire block for their future plans. The former Noshville building just to the west along Broadway was razed in recent weeks. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/01/midtown-institution-popular-with-vandy-students.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

JJ's market to close by end of December.  Looks more and more like Vandy will get that entire block for their future plans. The former Noshville building just to the west along Broadway was razed in recent weeks. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/01/midtown-institution-popular-with-vandy-students.html

Vandy would also buy all of Music Row if they could.  They are very "forward-thinking" when it comes to increasing their foothold on that area.

• Like 3

^  Yes, it will fit well with the the block of buildings that include the Pancake Pantry (which was also new construction not that many years ago) and the block of original neighborhood buildings directly across the street (where Provence was).     Frankly, I welcome this design when it's in the middle of an  established older neighborhood, more so than the HG Hill retail block down the street, which went a different direction.             

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

But where will people park?

The Moxy is going to have some public parking I think.  Its something like 150 rooms and 30? rentals and I think about 200 spaces.  I doubt if hotel will use a lot of that, given that their target is probably millennials who aren't driving while here.  Not sure if that would be more spaces than were available there before.  Doubledogs has some spaces behind and I think some of the other new stuff is including parking as well.  

• Like 1