Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

Rebar at 1919 Division St. is up for sale at $7.9 million.  Seems pretty steep for 1/3 of an acre  with other entities on either side.  The sale would include the business and the 3,550 sq. ft. building that was constructed in  1920.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21034720/midtown-bar-building-business-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 8.27.34 AM.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Oh there is a lot of rubbish in this area, but we cant build on every parcel at once. we have so many vacant lots, its going to take some time, but its 100 times better than what it was 15 years ago.

I think if Palmers hole had been filled before now this area would have seen more development, but alas it will be  a few years later.

It seems what we're now getting is better than what Palmer would have given us, and will also spur more developement. So "a few years later" is worth it!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LA_TN said:

20181201_135201~01.jpg

This area between Church and Charlotte is screaming for redevelopment.    On one of my runs earlier this year, I passed by an alley littered with crack needles very near this intersection.      I also noticed the graffitied retail building was burned out.    

• Like 2

TriStar Centennial Hospital Garage (8 stories, retail on first level, connector to hospital) lands $91.9 million permit.  Has to be one of the most expensive garages in Nashville. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21036008/permit-patrol-10-december-2018

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Read the article- does anyone know how many spaces the garage will contain, and if the $91MM is just for construction (or did it include any land acquisition costs etc) 

Number of space according to one news article is 2280. The permit is construction only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Belcourt Village (4 stories, 24,000 sq. ft. of office space, retail;/restaurant, 28 residential units, underground garage) update.  Base level of garage being laid, pillars placed.

Looking east from Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Dec 2, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south from Belcourt Ave., 1/2 block west of 21st Ave. South:

Belcourt Village, Dec 2, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

The first crane is coming down at the Vandy Children's Hospital expansion.

Looking west on Pierce Ave., just west of 21st Ave. South:

Vandy Childrens Hospital, Dec 15, 2018, 1.jpg

Vandy Childrens Hospital, Dec 15, 2018, 2.jpg

That has to be the ugliest building, more like a prison than a children's hospital.  If I were a child, I'd be afraid to go in there, could also be a psychiatric ward from the 40's.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nativetenn said:

Idk, I kinda like it! It also strikes me as architecture you would see in Russia. That may have invoked your thoughts, which I would understand... Haha

I like it too, though I certainly understand the criticisms of it.  I think if they just had larger windows on the corners it wouldn't look so prison-y.  lol

6 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

That has to be the ugliest building, more like a prison than a children's hospital.  If I were a child, I'd be afraid to go in there, could also be a psychiatric ward from the 40's.  

It's hideous. Ironically, it projects a dystopian vibe, instead of a sense of hope and healing, and we are going to make you feel better.