Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Nice job... the sad thing is that none of the real towers will even be as tall as the short one in this photo.  It's going to be a massive project, but forget about height.  I'll be surprised if it even breaks 300'. 

After looking closely at the very detailed plans for the original proposal on the Metro website, I was able to determine the buildings will be 349 ft tall and  268 ft tall. The drawings showed a floor by floor elevation, so I subtracted the appropriate number of floors and came up with those numbers. I bet I'm within a few feet of the actual height. For reference, Palmer Plaza, a block away, is 260' tall.

As for the Hotel, a seven story hotel (70') on top of an eleven story garage (115') puts it at 185 ft. I could be off by 20' +/- on that.

Edited by PHofKS

I think the 11 stories are undergrouns as this is where the hole is at its deepest. I think only 18 stories will be above ground.

Oh ok, that makes more sense.  I was wondering about that too.  Why the heck would there be 11 floors of a tower above ground as parking!  I was hoping, if that was the case, that they were going to make room for more street level retail or addressing the street.

I told William a few weeks back that the hotel would be around 14 rooms per floor. I think maybe a few more with offices and such on the ground floor. I made this determinaton after looking at the Skanska plans online and estimating the footprint of the proposed hotel that were already in place on the plans.

If the hotel had been 325 rooms then the height would have been around 24 or 25 floors.

I think the 11 stories are underground as this is where the hole is at its deepest. I think only 18 stories will be above ground.

I was thinking the parking would be primarily underground, too...but 18 hotel floors above ground would also mean only about 13 rooms per floor...which seems very low. Unless this is a remarkably slim tower, or has remarkably large rooms, I'm not thinking that 18 will actually be dedicated to the hotel. I suppose I could be wrong.

The wording in the article said 18 floors "including" the 11 floors of parking. Could be a typo. We'll probably just have to wait until we see final renderings/plans.

Personally, I would rather just have the hotel component be a part of one of the towers, bumping the height up a bit...though I do like the idea of 3 towers as opposed to two in general.

I told William a few weeks back that the hotel would be around 14 rooms per floor. I think maybe a few more with offices and such on the ground floor. I made this determinaton after looking at the Skanska plans online and estimating the footprint of the proposed hotel that were already in place on the plans.

If the hotel had been 325 rooms then the height would have been around 24 or 25 floors.

Dang. I suppose I should read all responses before I chime in.

I was just thinking 14 would be a small number. Do you think these will be largish rooms? I'm having a hard time imagining anything over about a 6-7,000 sq ft floor footprint. What do you think?

I think they will a little larger rooms as this will be a luxery hotel.

The 6 to 7 thousand SF floor plate woudl be about right. The rooms will probably be around 500 to 600 sf. So there coul be a few more rooms per floor if the plate is a little larger.

A typical budget hotel room is only about 300 sf to 400 sf.

You're always so accurate and careful with your speculations, so how do you know it will have 14 rooms per floor? Is that just based on standard size rooms and the footprint that you saw in the plans?  So it sounds like it's going to be a rather narrow building.

I think it may be a narrow building from what I have seen. If you take 230/17 you will get 13.75 if the first floor is hotel services. 13.75 rounded up is 14 rooms per floor. You have to take into account elevator space and hall way space, plus houskeeping. I Suspect the hotel may cover a good sized area in the rear of the site for the first floor to accomadate restaurant, ballroom,kitchen, excutive office, housekeeping and laundry.

The floor plate may be a bit larger than 7000 sf but not much larger.

This is all just an educated guess.

Yea, he's kind of a twit.

Is the model shown in the picture out of date? It looks a lot different than the current images that have been floating around. The tower on the left is slenderer and has balconies which I guess is a relic of its days as a condo. 

Probably.  Yes, what a ...

AlexPalmerFilePhoto_NSH.jpg

I think the 14 rooms to a floor would be accurate. Account for 7" between each room, 5' hallways, elevator x 4 (which means the core itself will take up approximately 576 sq ft alone (24 x 24).

First floor will be lobby, 2nd floor restaurant/gym/conference space, 3rd floor more conference and maybe maintenance, then start the rooms at 14-15 per floor. It will probably resemble the one in Buckhead, just turned 90 degrees and a couple floors shorter. But they do tend to have some extra space up top for a crown, too.

InterContinental-Buckhead-Atlanta-large.

Edited by dmillsphoto

Hi all, been lurking here since I moved to Nashville in 2011. Decided to finally sign up to post some exciting info that I found on one of the Vandy football message boards. Details are limited as it's buried in the Columbus, OH bizjournal, but it's a start.

$60 million renovation and expansion of Vandy football stadium

• Like 2

Great information and welcome to the board. Will be great to have an ear at Vandy too. Please feel free to join us at the forum meets as well.

I was wondering when and if they would announce an expansion of the stadium with the success of Coach Franklin. Great NEWS For Nashville.

Amazing I was expection a slow Saturday and we have two announcements this morning totaling 120 million.

Hi all, been lurking here since I moved to Nashville in 2011. Decided to finally sign up to post some exciting info that I found on one of the Vandy football message boards. Details are limited as it's buried in the Columbus, OH bizjournal, but it's a start.

$60 million renovation and expansion of Vandy football stadium

Welcome!  Go 'Dores!!!

From the 'Tennessean'...

Athletics director David Williams said all options are on the table as the university eyes improvements and possible expansion to the 32-year-old facility.

“I wouldn’t want to say we’ll build a new stadium, and quite honestly I doubt that,” Williams said. “But I think that in the next two or three years our fans and everybody else will be looking at a vastly changed and improved stadium.

Williams said he thinks the ideal stadium capacity at this point would be 45,000, with the likely area for additional seating being in the corners or back of the open end zone.

I think they ought to have all 'chair type seats' as LP (Titans) Field does. It would be a small stadium by SEC standards, but one with the most atmosphere.