Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Here is a link to a rendering:

http://westendvillageapartments.com/#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/0/

Cheap brick and siding typical of any apartment building in Hermitage, Bellevue, etc. It actually looks even worse in person. I will try to take a pic.

Hmmm...yeah it does look a bit suspect in the rendering.  I love how they chose an image of an attractive woman without pants on to be the main image on their home page, rather than an image of the apartment building itself.  Probably says a lot about their own feelings about it. hahaha

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Hmmm...yeah it does look a bit suspect in the rendering.  I love how they chose an image of an attractive woman without pants on to be the main image on their home page, rather than an image of the apartment building itself.  Probably says a lot about their own feelings about it. hahaha

She does have beautiful legs! If she came with the unit, or should I say, her legs came with the unit, I would be tempted to get one!

I have been trying to locate the site plan drawings for the Homewood Suites at 2400 West End Avenue, but have been unsuccessful so far.  (I do remember having seen them online at one time, but that was quite some time ago...probably just after planning commission approval.)  To answer some questions seen elsewhere about how the building addresses the street on the Elliston side, here is a quote from the commission consideration of the development.

"Building elevations submitted with the application provide information on the character and
materiality of exterior building facades.  Ground floor walls will use a stone veneer.  Upper floors will have a
combination of EIFS and brick veneer.

Sidewalk entrances are shown on the building elevations.  Several entrances are provided along the Elliston Place
street frontage, which would provide access to first floor hotel functions or retail.  The proposed wine bar facing West
End Avenue would provide the only building entrance along the West End sidewalk.  A second entrance on the south
side of the building is shown adjacent to the circular drive adjacent to the hotel lobby on the interior of the site.  As
proposed, the hotel would not provide building entrances along 24th Avenue or at the hotel lobby at the corner of 24th
Avenue and Elliston Place.

The Elliston Place Detailed Neigborhood Design Plan (DNDP) promotes mixed use development along Elliston Place,
including ground floor commercial/retail land uses.  Although ground floor commercial/retail land uses are not
proposed within this SP along Elliston Place, the building elevations illustrate the intent to provide the semblance of
storefront street frontage along Elliston Place.  The first floor height along Elliston Place is taller than upper floors to
resemble retail floor heights.  Additionally, the amount of glazing along the Elliston Place frontage should be increased
to reflect retail frontage."

I wouldn't exactly call it "suburban" style...but it is sort of in between. A key part of what makes something suburban IS the setbacks, alignment, and in many cases, parking in front.Perhaps "semi-urban."

I wouldn't call it suburban at all, it's in a completely residential area blocks off of West End. It's completely appropriate to the street it's on, even the most developed cities have residential streets between commercial areas.

And urban doesn't mean elite either. Jeez, maybe there should be a pinned topic for stucco hate.

Edited by Neigeville

Jeez, maybe there should be a pinned topic for stucco hate.

LOL...I'll agree with you there. Stucco can look tacky, but if you go by what a lot of people here say, it's always tacky/cheap.

For me personally, it's about the color. I think it can look pretty good if it is properly utilized.

Stucco >>> vinyl siding

Edited by UTgrad09

I was probably being overly critical. I actually have nothing against authentic stucco, but the overall design of the building is lacking in my opinion.

The Kissam dorms are looking very large and beautiful. I love the design and dominance that they command on that corner of West End. Also, the exterior rehab of the office building on West End between the Outback Steakhouse and Maggiano's is looking great. It looks much more appealing. I think some of the older office buildings around town should take notice.

Construction trailers are now on site at the Demonbreun/Faison project. Noticed them today. That's about all I have seen that is new. Things will start cranking real soon on WES and the Hensler project.

The Lentz Health center is out of the ground now too. Looks like 2 floors of steel standing up now

Apparently it is too much for the Tennessean to tell the public what their Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) passed at last night's meeting. William did get the word on the condos at 24th and Acklen.  Thanks WW, but what's up with Giarratana's Elliston 21 project?  

http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Codes/docs/Board%20of%20Zoning%20Appeals/Docket%20041813.pdf

Edited by MLBrumby

Apparently it is too much for the Tennessean to tell the public what their Board of Zoning Appeals (BSA) passed at last night's meeting. William did get the word on the condos at 24th and Acklen.  Thanks WW, but what's up with Giarratana's Elliston 21 project?  

http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Codes/docs/Board%20of%20Zoning%20Appeals/Docket%20041813.pdf

Not sure, my friends in that area haven't heard much. 105 units on that parcel plus parking would probably put this at 7-10 stories. Figure 3 levels of parking for 75-100 vehicles, plus the units on top. I hope that goes through.