Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Sorry for the crummy picture, I snapped it while I was running yesterday morning. 

But I saw a site surveyor on the corner or 18th Ave  and Division street where Virginia’s Market is.  Anybody know what they might be working on? Is that land for sale? 

Also while I was on my run, I ran past Beaman Automotive and noticed that they’ve put the bit of land on the south west corner of 16th and Broadway/West End up for sale. Maybe it’s been for sale for awhile, but I just noticed signage yesterday.

7C14E091-BE58-4A38-981F-0AF3BF5A4373.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mattbhadley said:

Also while I was on my run, I ran past Beaman Automotive and noticed that they’ve put the bit of land on the south west corner of 16th and Broadway/West End up for sale. Maybe it’s been for sale for awhile, but I just noticed signage yesterday.

I saw the For Sale sign blown over a few weeks ago and thought "How long has that been for sale?"

• Like 1

I have had two bad experiences at Martins and have decided to never go back. One bad experience is OK, but when its two in a row, then I am done with them. I am a Peg Leg Porker guy. They have Martins beat at every mouthful. That is if I am going for that kind of BBQ. Truth be known, I like Texas or Kansas City BBQ the best for my taste buds.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I feel about that development. The styles of the facades are 'all over the place', Spanish (Santa Fe) Georgian, French, American Colonial etc., and reminiscent of a Hollywood studio set. I like the density, but hope those little teeny tiny front 'yards' are very well landscaped and with trees.  On the other hand, I like the density, and if you're going up on that stretch of West End, I suppose it has to be of a traditional design. And these look far better than the ungainly, fortress-like West End Close just one block away. Plus, the single detached houses on the back side of this property are beautiful. 

Personally, I'd pass on living here, but they've been quite popular if they're on Phase IV already. I wonder how many of the residents of these homes are vocally against the GBT building at Murphy Road. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that development. The styles of the facades are 'all over the place', Spanish (Santa Fe) Georgian, French, American Colonial etc., and reminiscent of a Hollywood studio set. 

I'm sorry to agree that these are an abomination architecturally--a really, really bad mishmash of totally incompatible styles that couldn't look more fraudulent.  As you say, they are like a studio set.  It's a shame because they sit in the middle of one of our better in-town neighborhoods.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to agree that these are an abomination architecturally--a really, really bad mishmash of totally incompatible styles that couldn't look more fraudulent.  As you say, they are like a studio set.  It's a shame because they sit in the middle of one of our better in-town neighborhoods.....

I couldn’t agree more. I would much rather a true row of structures that are architecturally consistent.

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that development. The styles of the facades are 'all over the place', Spanish (Santa Fe) Georgian, French, American Colonial etc., and reminiscent of a Hollywood studio set. I like the density, but hope those little teeny tiny front 'yards' are very well landscaped and with trees.  On the other hand, I like the density, and if you're going up on that stretch of West End, I suppose it has to be of a traditional design. And these look far better than the ungainly, fortress-like West End Close just one block away. Plus, the single detached houses on the back side of this property are beautiful. 

Personally, I'd pass on living here, but they've been quite popular if they're on Phase IV already. I wonder how many of the residents of these homes are vocally against the GBT building at Murphy Road. 

Agreed... personally I much prefer the stately old Welsh College buildings that these replaced.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AUNash said:

I couldn’t agree more. I would much rather a true row of structures that are architecturally consistent.

There is some more modernist stuff right next to this and across the street that I much prefer-this thing belongs in Vegas.

Edited by bnacincy
edit
  • Like 1