Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Vanderbilt Children's Hospital expansion (4 stories on top of existing 8) update.  2nd crane now down, cladding nearly complete.

Looking west from 21st Ave. South, just north of intersection with Children's Way:

Vandy Childrens Hospital, Feb 24, 2019.jpg

This has to be one of the ugliest children's hospitals in the nation.  The bottom portion looks like a prison and the top looks like they couldn't decide what to do.  Doesn't go at all with the rest or most of the VU campus architecture.  

• Like 1

I can't really put my finger on why, but I like the design quite a bit, at least conceptually.  However I do agree that it's a bizarre design choice for a children's hospital.   Aren't children's hospitals supposed to look warm and inviting?  

Edited by BnaBreaker

5 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

This has to be one of the ugliest children's hospitals in the nation.  The bottom portion looks like a prison and the top looks like they couldn't decide what to do.  Doesn't go at all with the rest or most of the VU campus architecture.  

I've been saying the same thing-it looks like the addition is trying to make up for it.

In my opinion it's too little too late. 

Former home of Provence Bread at 1705 21st Ave. South in Hillsboro Village has sold for $2.6 million to Austin-based investor Bill Gaston.  It last sold in 2010 for $680,000.  He plans to continue utilizing it for retail purposes. It was built in 1925 originally as a pharmacy.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21059758/hillsboro-village-building-sells-for-26m

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.26.58 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like another big studio is going the way of the dinosaur.  The structure itself is not historically significant, but some well known artists have recorded at The Tracking Room at 2 Music Circle East.  The 9,300 sq. ft. building and . 4 acre property are now available for $4.1 million.  It's a prime site, directly across I-65/40 inner belt from The Gulch. the land just to the south that includes the Young Executive Building (1300-1302 Division St.) on 1 acre, has also been available for $12 million recently.  I could see a developer buying both parcels and putting something significant there.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21059878/famed-recording-studio-listed-for-sale-for-41m

Here's info on the adjoining property:

https://www.loopnet.com/listing/1300-1302-division-st-nashville-tn/14314428/

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.07.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.07.25 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The land just to the south that includes the Young Executive Building (1300-1302 Division St.) on 1 acre has also been available for $12 million recently.

There's a meat and three in that building.  The Pie Wagon, established in 1923 (I think), changed owners a few months ago.  The new food is fantastic.

5 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

That massive surface lot where the circular "THE GULCH" graphic is placed... is anything slated to go there?  I really like how the inner loop is shaping up and a mid/high-rise would be sweet there.

Market Street owns that and will eventually build something there, but that site is probably 2nd in line behind their Demonbreun site. Most likely 2 towers will eventually go here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 Music Circle South (5 stories, 120,000 sq. ft.) update.  Cladding complete on several sides.

Looking south along Music Circle East, 1/2 block south of Music Circle North:

1 Music Circle South, March 9, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from Music Circle South, 1/2 block east of Music Square East (16th Ave.. South):

1 Music Circle South, March 9, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NE from parking lot behind Buddy Lee Attractions, 1/2 block east of Music Square East (16th Ave. South):

1 Music Circle South, March 9, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units, restaurants, internal garage) update.  Application of cladding continues.

Looking SE from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village, March 9, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking norht along 20th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Acklen Ave:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village, March 9, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 19th Ave. South:

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village, March 9, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Demo permits  worth $107,600 have been pulled to make way for 17th & Grand office building (between 7-10 stories, with 164-230,000 sq. ft. of space) where the Ray Stevens publishing buildings are currently.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21060897/demo-set-to-accommodate-row-project

• Like 1

$9.9 million is the final sale price of the site for 17th & Grand, where the Rays Stevens publishing buildings currently reside on 1.3 acres.  Hall Emery plan an office structure that will be anywhere from 7 to 10 stories, covering between 164,000 and 230,000 sq. ft.  As mentioned last week, demo permits have been granted, and the razing should take place any day now. 

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21061162/music-row-site-sells-for-99m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2