Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Real estate developers Moni Advani and Kevin Woods are about to close on a 5th property on Music Row, paying more than $6 million total for 1029, 1031, 1101, 1103, and 1105 17th Ave. South. 

Advani stressed that no development is imminent; he said he had no expectations for when a project might crystallize. The property's existing zoning allows for office and hotel development.

The five buildings on Advani's land are homes that have been turned into office space or small businesses, a frequent sight along much of the mile-long piece of Midtown where the country music recording industry was born about 65 years ago.

"We didn't have particular development in mind when we put the parcels together. We'd like to sit with our investors and our team, talk with our architect, talk with the city, talk with Councilman Freddie O'Connell," Advani said. He added: "I don't know that multifamily makes a lot of sense on Music Row anymore."

Advani is known as the person who recruited Food Network chef Maneet Chauhan to Nashville. She's since opened a string of restaurants and a brewery under the umbrella of Morph Hospitality Group.

The recent "Vision for Music Row" document put together by Metro hasn't been formally adopted yet, but it does state the any building along this section of The Row could not exceed 5 stories in height.  Most of the five homes were built between 1905 and 1920. It does not appear that any of them are protected.   I'm not sure if anything particularly historic happened in any of them, either. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/05/13/developer-corrals-five-music-row-properties.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Agreed! You may have read my rant from last week on this endeavor by Vandy to redo their whole campus. Baronakim was an architect at the firm that designed them. He named it in a post under the Vandy thread. 

Did not see, MLB, but I'm curious. Will go back and check.

WW

• Like 1

Studying the PDF file that Craiger provided, I've gleaned this info on Vanderbilt University’s Graduate Village:

- Will apparently feature 510 rooms (600 beds).

- 30,000 sq. ft. grocery (which will be similar in size to the new Publix at 8th Ave. South and Bradford Ave.)

- 15,000 sq. ft. bookstore

- Covering 1.89 acres 

- Borders will primarily be between Lyle Ave. on east and 20th Ave. South on west, and Hampton Inn on north and Broadway on south. Basically, it is the area that covers Manuel, Noshville, J&J's Market,  Midtown Printing, and a few other structures on that block.  So, it's a much smaller footprint than what we have previously thought on all that land that Vandy owns between 21st Ave. South and Lyle Ave. along Broadway (southern edge) and Terrace Ave. (northern edge).

- By comparison, the recently completed Bronson Ingram College Dorms on the SE corner of West End Ave. and 23rd Ave. South covers 340 rooms  on a similarly-sized lot in basically three 5 story buildings connected with 3 inner courtyards.   Since the Graduate Village will be 50% more rooms, plus the grocery and bookstore (not to mention parking), I think it's safe to say that this will be denser and taller (perhaps several 10 story structures?).

All of this will make the speculation all the more intriguing as we await the renderings. 

The combined lots are outlined in red here:

Vandy Graduate Village, May 16, 2019, site map 1.png

Vandy Graduate Village, May 16, 2019, site map 2.png

Vandy Graduate Village, May 16, 2019, letter.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

So, it's a much smaller footprint than what we have previously thought on all that land that Vandy owns between 21st Ave. South and Lyle Ave. along Broadway (southern edge) and Terrace Ave. (northern edge).

This is phase 1.

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

By comparison, the recently completed Bronson Ingram College Dorms on the SE corner of West End Ave. and 23rd Ave. South covers 340 rooms  on a similarly-sized lot in basically three 5 story buildings connected with 3 inner courtyards.   Since the Graduate Village will be 50% more rooms, plus the grocery and bookstore (not to mention parking), I think it's safe to say that this will be denser and taller (perhaps several 10 story structures?).

So they have made a concerted effort to keep this as low as possible for space making reasons. 

8 hours ago, FrankNash said:

^^^Thanks for the info 12Mouth.   What architectural design are they using for the project?

This isn't public yet, as far as I know.