smeagolsfree

West End/Mid Town/Music Row/Vandy Projects

I don’t think Mr. Tyler was necessarily a “savior” in this situation-this was a “Throw Back Thursday” post with an opportunity to tease an announcement for next week. Whoever is responsible, cheers to him, her or them!

(and I like Stix-it just needs better lighting for a bigger impact after dark. Oh, it’s not the grandest of roundabout art works, but for the meager budget at play, it’s okay.)

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, PruneTracy said:

It's gone, son.

http://www.utdailybeacon.com/city_news/goodbye-walmart-university-commons-store-to-close-in-march/article_5dce422c-3abd-11e9-92b8-3365666b205a.html

I'd like to take a moment to point out how many UT students and alumni are distraught over "their" Walmart closing when it was only there for four years to begin with. One guy wrote a song about it.

Millennials.

Oh jeez.... I read a lot of backlash online about this Walmart closing. These millennials (I am one myself) were going crazy over this, suggesting that it was racist for Walmart to close this location, saying the city should FORCE Walmart to keep the store open, and suggesting elderly people would die because the Walmart pharmacy was closing.

23 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Oh jeez.... I read a lot of backlash online about this Walmart closing. These millennials (I am one myself) were going crazy over this, suggesting that it was racist for Walmart to close this location, saying the city should FORCE Walmart to keep the store open, and suggesting elderly people would die because the Walmart pharmacy was closing.

Please, please, please link me to this discussion.

• Haha 2

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village (6 stories, 130 rooms, 47 apts, retail, internal garage) update.  Exterior nearly complete.

Looking SE from intersection from Belcourt Ave. and 20th Ave. South:

Moxy SoBro, May 13, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Belcourt Ave. and 19th Ave. South:

Moxy SoBro, May 13, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking north from 20th AVe. North, 1/2 block north of Acklen Ave:

Moxy SoBro, May 13, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 4