Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Well could Tony be courting HCA/Sarah Cannon/Parallon? Could this explain the delay in starting WES? Could this be the reason Tony wanted to add 145 feet to the 505 Tower? HCA first talked with him in the 1990's. Could they be back in talks?

HMMMMMMM.

How does someone get to that point? I am horrified

His name is Manuel Uribe from Monterrey, Mexico.  I remember seeing a 60 minutes piece on him once, and he was so heavy (his peek weight was 1,320 pounds) that he had to be transported to his own wedding via flatbed truck.  Incredibly though, as of last year he was all the way down to 440 pounds.  :shok:

http://West End Village now more than 50% preleased

The marketing efforts related to the under-construction West End Village apartments have reached a milestone, topping 50 percent preleasing of the 244 units.

Currently, the building, located in West End Park, is 57 percent preleased and 23 percent occupied. Tenants started moving in on July 1.

Jad Dersham, assistant property manager for Atlanta-based RAM Partners, said construction should conclude by about Nov. 1.

“We hope to be finished leasing at about the time construction is finished,” Dersham said.

Read more about the project here.

WEVillage.png

• 2 weeks later...

A photo update on a few projects nearing completion on West End...

Vanderbilt's Kissam Hall project is looking impressive. Need to trim some of the trees to showcase the architecture.

DSCN0355_zps698313c3.jpg

From the street

DSCN0350_zps74c19501.jpg

The Homewood Suites across from Vandy.

19MTHS_zps61985f1d.jpg

Provides nice infill and density along West End.

DSCN0360_zpscddf2c58.jpg

Nice to see structures with actual brick facades being built.

DSCN0362_zps6b7a5f94.jpg

It looks good along Elliston Place also..

DSCN0368_zpsce680f3b.jpg

Spring Hill Suites is coming along...slowly...

24MTSHS_zps59ce7e89.jpg

DSCN0344_zps76ec1e11.jpg

And on Elliston Place....E23 is complete

DSCN0369_zpsdb4afb08.jpg

• Like 3

Vanderbilt's Kissam Hall project is looking impressive. Need to trim some of the trees to showcase the architecture.

I don't agree with this, I'd rather see trees than buildings any day, and a college campus should have a set off, calm and shady look. There's nothing like mature trees!

mature-trees_zps035ad7e8.jpg

Elliston 23.  Some cynic on this board said it would be nothing but a dorm for Vanderbilt.  From the looks of things, he may have been right.  But doesn't Vbilt have buried utilities?elliston-dorm_zpsceceb869.jpg

elliston-dor2m_zps022b3746.jpg

The back is a bit more boring and pretty colorless

back-of-elliston_zps2640a68d.jpg

Speaking of colorless, Park 25 is already providing a nice, if dull, wall along 25thstreet-wall_zpsdca0e557.jpg

park-25-corner_zpsf8ae08ec.jpg

This little fella's not afraid of some color:

color_zps3014ad72.jpg

The little tower everyone hates.  They should definitely have made a bigger statement with this, it's a bit timid.  And roof could use a lantern or a spire or something.  Looks like a silo.  Street should look ok once they get some trees going.

hated-tower_zps07e738db.jpg

I love the style of these old apartments across the street, but I imagine they're not long for this world.

old-apts_zpsc87596ac.jpg

The Mexican restaurant down the street from Café Coco is closed, no new tenant.  Does anybody know of any plans for this site?  I'd like to see it combined with the parking lot behind it and a parking structure built with retail/restaurant space along both streetfronts.

cafe-azteca_zps2686e476.jpg

That West End Village project is a huge disappointment... just a garden style apartment plopped down in West End.  To add insult to injury, the mix of exterior materials suggests cost-cutting.  As a general rule, when you see partial brick and lots of masonry, it's because the developer is attempting to save money, and in this case it shows. Don't you know the fit and finish of the windows and trim are shoddy... can you say "Vinyl doors and windows"? 

Edited by MLBrumby

That West End Village project is a huge disappointment... just a garden style apartment plopped down in West End. 

Agree.   The number of new residential projects in the core is quite remarkable and addresses a real need.  On the other hand, a large number of them incorporate stucco and hardie siding for the majority of the exterior finish.  From an urban fabric standpoint, a lot of these won't stand the test of time and many look dated on completion.  I understand projects have budgets and developers allocate funds to interior features like granite and appliances because the market tells them that's what renters want.   Still, I'd like to see developers approach these large-scale projects with more of a view to how they fit into the context of their neighborhood.  4th & Monroe is a good example below - a personal preference.    

712244_s.jpg

That West End Village project is a huge disappointment... just a garden style apartment plopped down in West End.  To add insult to injury, the mix of exterior materials suggests cost-cutting.  As a general rule, when you see partial brick and lots of masonry, it's because the developer is attempting to save money, and in this case it shows. Don't you know the fit and finish of the windows and trim are shoddy... can you say "Vinyl doors and windows"? 

Agreed. We need some developers with deep pockets to show up and show out. Give me an experience.

I didn’t comprehend what I had yesterday when I told WW about this. I thought that the Faison Project was adding floors to their project, but then realized this is the lot next door and its has been staring me in the face for a while. Forgive me when I said a little tid-bit. I just didn’t want to say 14 stories worth of little and give it away.

380 units, 14 story residential building. Childress Klein Properties is the developer out of Charlotte. This will be in a great location sitting right on the round-about.

Height 157’

You guys can do a separate thread if you want. To zonked to give a hoot. LOL

There are a few smaller projects in the brew that are simmering.

Article is behind pay wall, but you know what I know.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/8/30/charlotte_developer_eyes_mixed_use_tower_for_roundabout

Here is a link to the architect

http://www.rjtplusr.com/html%20website/residential.html

• Like 2