Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Here's a picture of Note16 from earlier this afternoon. I am really disappointed in the way the back looks when standing on Villa. The exterior on the back consists of no brick, stucco, or stone, and looks like regular yellow siding similar to what a house would have on it. I hope they paint it or do something to it. The second picture is taken from Villa and Horton.

DFF6D4CE-5B86-4B13-8BD6-42EC5CA8DC84-116

A980CC93-4634-4F72-98F3-CA76851C345F-116

• Like 1

I think the overall design is fine...but yikes, you're right. The back leaves something to be desired.

Perhaps if some similar developments go up (like where that one story house sits) then it will cover it up...

I'll reserve complete judgment until we can see the finished product...but that looks like an ugly match. I know most on here aren't fans of stucco...but stucco that matches the front color would be much better than what you see there IMO.

Agree with SFree as a very credible source told me it's his understanding full-scale work looms. Let's hope. Mr. Anil Patel, the developer, is a fine gentleman who has put a lot of his time and energy into this development.

WW

I have seen several comments about Mr. Patel in this vein; what's the backstory?

Mr Patel has a number of properties including the refurbished HI Bremtwood that is now a Four Points Sheraton. WW has spoken to him a number of times and several folks WW have spoken to have high reguards for ihim from my uderstanding. My take is that he is very methodical with his projects. I have heard that the financing is in place and has been for a little while. This building will make a fine additon to West End Ave. as well.

Mr Patel has a number of properties including the refurbished HI Bremtwood that is now a Four Points Sheraton. WW has spoken to him a number of times and several folks WW have spoken to have high reguards for ihim from my uderstanding. My take is that he is very methodical with his projects. I have heard that the financing is in place and has been for a little while. This building will make a fine additon to West End Ave. as well.

I can tell you that the now Four Points in the Brentwood area seemed to take forEVER to finish. The building sat vacant for so long, I was beginning to wonder if they were going to do any work at all on it.

But once they did it, the finished product was well done (from the exterior...haven't been inside to tell you the truth).

Maybe it's the same case for West End. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen several comments about Mr. Patel in this vein; what's the backstory?

Captain,

Mr. Patel is a physician, so he does the development on the side. He is a very, no doubt. I have exchanged numerous emails with Mr. Patel and the tone of his missives suggests a man who is very polite and gracious. He goes by Anil (his first name) and loves Nashville. He lives in Clarksville but does a good bit of his health care work in Nashville. No doubt, Mr. Patel moves deliberately and discretely with his projects.

WW

Noticed equipment at the Hill Midtown site today. Also thought the site of Shure-Brite car wash and Green Cleaners, if combined, would be a great site for a hotel or office building.

Office building, or even high rise residential (really anything from 10-20 stories) would look good.

I think a hotel might be overkill for the area.

You already have:

aloft

Hutton

Hilton Garden Inn

Embassy Suites

Home2 Suites

Hampton Inn

Loews

Best Western 

Comfort Inn

Guest House Suites 

(yes some of these aren't high end hotels, lol, but still)

within a half mile.

You also have the Patel project on West End, whatever is going in WES, and even the potential hotel on Demonbreun adjacent to Hensler's site that are also within a half mile. I think that area is inundated with hotels right now, and with more on the way. Midtown has a nice little nightlife district, but I'm not sure how much the hotels contribute to them (or if the people who stay there really even know about it). So it's not like downtown hotels that are walking distance to a tourist attraction (Lower Broad, The District, etc). It's not near the convention center. It's kind of close to Vandy, though I think of the "Vandy" hotels as the Holiday Inn, the Marriott, the aforementioned Loews, and the new project between West End and Elliston.

There aren't a ton of office buildings right around there (unless you count hospital offices)...so what is the hotel draw? 

I think, when the time is right, it would make a good office building location.

I thought the Hill project in the wedge of Division and Broadway was going to keep the Great Escape building and somehow rehab it, but I drove by there the other day and it's gone. Just the little point where the tobacco place was is being retained.

I'd long been hoping for a tall flatiron building one this site and disappointed by the low height planned, but the low height will leave some nice views of the Buckingham project open. That's one I'm really looking forward to.

Regretably, the wedge building [described as "art deco"] is being rehabed into another pizza joint.  Blasting began Friday for a grease pit and utilities, but there was a problem with debris being flung all around [damage to Corner Pub across the street] so the fire marshal shut it down for a re-think.  Drilling for more blasting started again today.

Too bad that a more inventive use for this plot wasn't conceived.

Regretably, the wedge building [described as "art deco"] is being rehabed into another pizza joint.  Blasting began Friday for a grease pit and utilities, but there was a problem with debris being flung all around [damage to Corner Pub across the street] so the fire marshal shut it down for a re-think.  Drilling for more blasting started again today.

Too bad that a more inventive use for this plot wasn't conceived.

Good lord.  What's this one going to be?  A Jets Pizza?  Speaking of things that are oversupplied in that part of Midtown!  It's almost getting to be as bad as Five Points (with a Jets on the way at the old Mrs. Winners, plus PizzaReal, Five Points Pizza, and then further down Woodland is Italia and Lockeland Table, which also features pizzas prominently on its menu.)

So there will be Mello Mushroom (which is to remain when Buckingham is built), Soulshine Pizza Co and Two Boots Nashville within a few blocks of each other.  Amy I missing any in that immediate vicinity?

There's also a Little Chicago on Demonbruen and a Desano's on 16th right behind Roundabout Plaza. That's a lot of pizza.