Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Sorry William, I hope you didn't take that as an insult. I love your writing. I just meant its nothing the we ("we", being the diehards on this forum) didn't know. I'm sure the general public doesn't know half of what's going on, so I know it's very informative for most.

I sometimes forget to check my ego at the door.

NVWill,

Oh, no. I did not take that as an insult at all. I knew the "pros" and "diehards" would not glean much from the piece. 

No worries, my friend.

WW

The Hull: Long May the Old Girl LIve

A tid bit here. A demo permit was issued for the property @ 201 21st Ave. North. This is the cleaners that will come down for the apatment building Tony G. is planning there.

Very nice.  I'm pleased to see that end of Elliston Place get an anchor like this as well.  I know this has been covered before, but will that apartment building also take up the space next to the cleaners building on the corner of 22nd and Church?

BTW, can I just say how much I absolutely loathe that Krispy Kreme across the street? 

How can you hate Krispy Kreme?! I used to wake up to that smell every morning and it was all I could do to resist.

Haha, well, just to clarify, I was referring to the placement of this very suburban style building.  However, and I know I'm very much in the minority on this, but I do think Krispy Kreme donuts are pretty overrated.  They are just way too sugary for my taste!

• Like 2

Not to belabor the pizza discussion, but my just daughter wrote this about The Row:  "I went to The Row on St. Patricks day for brunch and it was pretty good. Kinda heavy southern food, but their biscuits are amazing and they have beer cheese soup! An improvement from Pie-in-the-sky for sure." 

There was an article recently that PiSky was going to reopen somewhere else in midtown... but the Row was an opportunity the owners (same owners) saw to cater to the music business. I don't think I'm dreaming that... but it's possible.

Yep. They are just scouting new locations. Probably a good idea with all the new pizza joints opening in that area of Mid-Town. They are still alive and well in Cool Springs and Lennox Village.

I agree with you, SoundScan. Desano's pizza is the current winner of best pie in Nashville IMO. Especially now that they have a smaller sized option perfect for 2 people. Nothing better than a BYOB pizza place.

Apartments!  Didn't know where to put this, but (as long as it lasts because it is the Tennessean) here is a report on the prediction of rents increasing in the next 6 months.  The census estimates put the annual growth of Davidson County at 11k, which should drive continued demand.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/business/2013/03/21/nashville-apartment-rents-expected-to-continue-spiking/

"At that pace, supply will exceed demand beginning next year, the firm said."  

Wouldn't more supply than demand cause prices to drop? I am confused as to how an increased vacancy rate will increase prices. But speaking of apartments, what are some good websites that list available apartments? I am looking to move out of the suburbs but have had a hard time finding websites.

Edited by bigeasy

"At that pace, supply will exceed demand beginning next year, the firm said."  

Wouldn't more supply than demand cause prices to drop? I am confused as to how an increased vacancy rate will increase prices. But speaking of apartments, what are some good websites that list available apartments? I am looking to move out of the suburbs but have had a hard time finding websites.

I'm not sure if this applies to Nashville or not, but I used http://www.apartmentsearch.com to find my last apartment in Chicago, and I found if very, very useful. 

• Like 1

St. Thomas breaks ground on $110 million patient tower... 

The Post does a far better job than the Tennessean on most subjects, including this one... http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/3/25/saint_thomas_unveils_details_for_110m_project

The Tennessean...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130325/BUSINESS/303260025/Saint-Thomas-Hospital-breaks-ground-110-million-expansion

Edited by MLBrumby