Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Does anyone else wish they would do some kind of really cool redevelopment of the "pie" slice between Broadway and Division from 19th to 21st Ave?  I realize people are buying some of the old houses and converting to bars...but I wouldn't necessarily say these houses are worth keeping.  To me, it would have been nice to redevelopment that little district into something a tad more planned out instead of the piecemeal approach that's going on there now.  Could be a really fun district for everyone instead of just a college drunk district.

Mid Town pie.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Form today's Nashville Post:

Elmington Capital Group, which owns the building, will lease the space to Austin-base Hopdoddy Burger Bar. In addition, Elmington plans executive office suites to the building’s second floor.

I never had the pleasure of eating at Hopdoddy's flagship burger bar in Austin's SoCo district.  That's because the line to get in rivals Franklin BBQ and is typically wrapped around two sides of the building.  Now that they have become a chain, you "lucky" Nashville folks may not have to wait so long.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NashRugger said:

Hopdoddy is not too bad but nothing to write home about. I've eaten are two of their locations in Dallas, Preston Center and McKinney Avenue in Uptown, and it is good but I don't understand the line for the SoCo location in Austin. 

The line was due to the fact that it was a trendy one of a kind local restaurant located in an uber trendy neighborhood populated by visiting tourists who don't know any better.  The only times I was ever in that area was when I was showing out of town visitors around.  Visitors love Soco, locals not so much due to the crowds/parking situation.

Does anyone have any updates on the projects around Music Row?  Of course, photos would be great, but very curious to know if things like the redo of the U/A tower and the apartment building next door have started... and the office building at the Corner of Chet Atkins and 18th(?). I've seen the recent updates for the M-residence and the Crescent apartments at Division. I'm aware that much is underway there, but I don't know specifically. 

Too bad this luxury condo for West End Park is being shelved.  Perhaps someone can purchase the gorgeous designs and it can resurface there or perhaps in Midtown or one of the open lots in the Rutledge Hill area.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20852494/west-end-park-luxury-condo-building-project-scrapped

Screen_Shot_2017_02_16_at_3.15.51_PM.58a61ae9801c6.jpg

• Like 3

V21 (4 stories, 101 units, 22,000 sq. ft. of restaurant/retail, underground parking) update.

Looking north across Wedgewood Ave. from Pancake Panty parking lot: 

V21 1, Feb 25, 2017.JPG

Looking NE from corner of Wedgwood Ave. and 21st Ave. South:

V21 2, Feb 25, 2017.JPG

Looking east from intersection of Wedgewood Ave. and 21st Ave. South:

V21 3, Feb 25, 2017.JPG

Some renderings I don't think we've seen before posted on fencing around the site:

V21 4, Feb 25, 2017.JPG

This shows the small Regions Bank building that will be built on the NE corner of Wedgewood and 21st Ave. South as the final element of the development:

V21 5, Feb 25, 2017.JPG

• Like 2

Mark,

It seems that we keep hitting the same areas around the same time. Must be the Jedi Moderator mind trick thing. I was at Double Dogs Sunday and took a walk in the area.

BTW, Double Dogs is pretty good and I will be back, however I stood in line at the Grilled Cheeserie and saw the size of the sandwiches and portions and decided to move on.

Biscuit Love looks to be about a month from opening in the same building.

Is it me, or do you guys think these Urban Juicers are a fad. There is one in the same building as the above. Never been in one, and don’t plan on going in one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Mark,

It seems that we keep hitting the same areas around the same time. Must be the Jedi Moderator mind trick thing. I was at Double Dogs Sunday and took a walk in the area.

BTW, Double Dogs is pretty good and I will be back, however I stood in line at the Grilled Cheeserie and saw the size of the sandwiches and portions and decided to move on.

Biscuit Love looks to be about a month from opening in the same building.

Is it me, or do you guys think these Urban Juicers are a fad. There is one in the same building as the above. Never been in one, and don’t plan on going in one.

Grilled Cheeserie is delicious but I prefer the truck to the restaurant.

No clue if Urban Juicer is a fad or not... but if it is I'm definitely on board with it, and I'm going to keep going to them every week as long as they're open. 

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 1

A Belmont-Hillsboro office building fronting 21st Avenue and once owned by the late local businessman Ted Welch is undergoing a $1.5 million renovation.

Nashville-based Elmington Capital Group owns the property, which has an address of 2416 21stAve. S. and is located about one-half mile south of Hillsboro Village.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20853405/belmonthillsboro-office-building-undergoes-15m-renovation

21st Ave remodel.jpg

2 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Are there any surface lots left in Hillsboro Village after this hotel starts?  Parking is already hard enough there!

This development will feature a 200 car garage, which is at least double what the current surface lot holds.  Also, the new V21 features a garage, as will the project that will be going in across the street from the Belcourt Theater (that one is still aways off).

• Like 3