Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

55 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Millennium Music Row (6 stories, 230 units, retail/restaurant) update. Up to the third floor now.

Looking NE from intersection of Music Square West (17th Ave. South) and Grand Ave:

Millenium Music Row 1, April 15, 2017.jpg

Looking south along Music Square West (17th Ave. South) just south of intersection with South Street:

Millenium Music Row 2, April 15, 2017.jpg

See, this building has a concrete ground level structure to accommodate commercial space with wood framing above. If this developer can do it and "make the economics work", why can't the rest of them? I'm looking at you developers around the ballpark. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

See, this building has a concrete ground level structure to accommodate commercial space with wood framing above. If this developer can do it and "make the economics work", why can't the rest of them? I'm looking at you developers around the ballpark. 

Amen.  I'm sorry, but I simply just do not buy the "we just can't afford it" excuse.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

If the city demanded it...I bet we'd find out really quickly that they can afford it.

Haha yes!  And I'll bet the city will wish it had demanded it in forty years when most of their multi-family residential complexes from this era are starting to rot.  

• Like 4

What an odd design. The base is nice and plain, no complaints there. Then as you look up you see one of the ugliest parking garages ever, seriously looks like it's just a couple of concrete poles wrapped in burlap. Finally, the actual facade looks great, looks like there will be a lot of added detail and the gradient effect is really neat. Overall it looks like a good addition to Midtown even though the pieces don't mesh so well together. 

Edited by henburg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, henburg said:

What an odd design. The base is nice and plain, no complaints there. Then as you look up you see one of the ugliest parking garages ever, seriously looks like it's just a couple of concrete poles wrapped in burlap. Finally, the actual facade looks great, looks like there will be a lot of neat detail and the gradient effect is really neat. Overall it looks like a good addition to Midtown even though the pieces don't mesh so well together. 

Yeah...it would look better if they just built what is above the garage actually touching the ground level.

• Like 1

Thrilled to see another vacant lot bite the dust in what is still, to me, Nashville's premier urban neighborhood (noting that I don't personally consider places like The Gulch and SoBro to be full-fledged neighborhoods just yet).  Although there are still many more vacant/underutilized lots that pockmark the landscape of Hillsboro Village, it is fantastic to see it's footprint finally expand a bit further after what seems like decades of development stagnation.  

• Like 2