Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Boutique Graduate Hotel planned for NW corner of West End Ave. and 20th Ave. North (former location of Checkers Drive-In). The co-developer of Thompson Hotel in the Gulch paid $12.75 million for the 1 acre lot ($289 per square foot).  No word yet on how many rooms, floors, etc.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/06/01/boutique-graduate-hotel-planned-west-end-retail-site/360393001/

There are some interesting possibilities for this development per the Graduate Hotels website... the video is enlightening. With the Thompson Hotel group behind it, it should be something special. And we get rid of the fast food drive-through. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

There are some interesting possibilities for this development per the Graduate Hotels website... the video is enlightening. With the Thompson Hotel group behind it, it should be something special. And we get rid of the fast food drive-through. 

Man... if we can get the Roosevelt Island one carbon-copied and put on that lot... yes please.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 8:24 PM, Jamie Hall said:

I'll be curious to see if they try to find a new West End location to build another Taco Bell. That joint was hoppin' 24/7.

Taco Bell is looking to rapidly grow their "Taco Bell Cantina" brand (open late, serves alcohol, no drive-thru); seems to me that one of those would be a good fit for the Midtown/Vandy area.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonny11788 said:

Taco Bell is looking to rapidly grow their "Taco Bell Cantina" brand (open late, serves alcohol, no drive-thru); seems to me that one of those would be a good fit for the Midtown/Vandy area.

I might be in the minority on this one, but I like the Cantina concept -- at least compared to a typical fast-food joint. The photos from the Vegas location look like something they would put in the downtown area or the Gulch and market to tourists. I'll be surprised if Nashville doesn't have one or two of these in the next couple of years.

• Like 2

Where did that building come from? I don't think I've ever read or seen a single thing about it. I made lots of trips to the medical office across the road and to the Suntrust adjacent to it up until 2014 and don't remember it being under construction at that point. This is like a whole new development for me!

The 5 story Panattoni development going in at 1 Music Circle South (where former CMA HQ building is being readied for demo), will now be called the BMG Building, and will house much of the operations for that music label. In this article, it says the square footage is being upped to 120,000 from the original 96,000 that was announced last year.  But instead of going taller, it appears the building is deeper off the street in this rendering for the 1 acre lot. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/16/global-music-company-home-jason-aldean-anchor-new-music-row-tower/402611001/

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/06/16/new-music-row-office-building-lands-major-tenant.html

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.00.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.14.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.14.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.15.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.15.20 AM.png

• Like 2