Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

24 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

As I understand it power poles/lines are controlled by NES, not Metro.

Either way, developers have the option of burying the lines fronting their property--they just have to foot the bill!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Either way, developers have the option of burying the lines fronting their property--they just have to foot the bill!

True, as with most of the complaints on this board, money would solve the issue. In the electric utility business, underground service is significantly more expensive than overhead service. My father was general manager of an electric utility in Minneapolis and I remember him saying this was the case, especially so in middle Tennessee where often time crews would have to blast through rock. The developer can have it as long as he foots the bill. But ratepayers and regulators will balk at how high the electric rates would have to be to pay for underground service, system wide.

• Like 3

They will be using a large chunk of the park for construction staging. This was approved some time back. I saw it on either the Planning agenda or the Metro Council agenda. As I was looking at the fencing yesterday, they are taking a lot more of the park than I thought they would.

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They will be using a large chunk of the park for construction staging. This was approved some time back. I saw it on either the Planning agenda or the Metro Council agenda. As I was looking at the fencing yesterday, they are taking a lot more of the park than I thought they would.

It is quite literally half the park.

Are there any plans for them to hopefully fix the (entire) park up afterward to compensate?  This is a major loss of space for such a long time, in such an important park in the area.

13 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

I'm sure they will fix any damage they create. Pannatoni is also paying for rehab and planting of trees in the median along South St between 12th Ave S and 16th Ave S. This was all negotiated prior to them going in front of Planning and Council. 

Thanks for that update Marshall. I knew  there had to be a catch and that park needs a lot of love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

V21 (4 stories, 101 apts, 22,000 sq. ft. of commercial space, large garage) Phase I update.  Exterior nearly complete.

Looking NE from corner of 21st Ave. South and Wedgewood Ave:

V21 1, July 15, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from 8th AVe. South at Children's Way:

V21 2, July 15, 2017.jpg

Looking east across 21st Ave. South at some of the commercial space:

V21 3, July 15, 2017.jpg

Looking north from Wedgewood Ave:

V21 4, July 15, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from Wedgewood Ave:

V21 5, July 15, 2017.jpg

Is Phase II going to be the standalone restaurant built next to it?

• Like 2