Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Moxy Hotel, Hillsboro Village (7 stories, 130 rooms, 47 residential units. Restaurants/retail, garage) update. Blasting underway fro foundation.

Looking south from intersection of 20th Ave. South and Belcourt Ave:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village 1, July 22, 2017.jpg

Looking east from intersection of 20th Ave. South and Belcourt Ave:

Moxy Hotel Hillsboro Village 2, July 22, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Neigeville2 said:

You do understand you can delete the pictures from your reply, which makes the page more manageable especially for viewing on a phone.

We just want to force you to get a real computer as we are all conspiring against you.:ph34r: JK!

21 hours ago, bhibbs said:

saw a video on Facebook where it looks like they are tearing down the old Corner Pub today

You are correct. Coming down for a parking lot as the building is in bad shape. 

On 7/28/2017 at 8:48 AM, markhollin said:

Indeed, the old Midtown Pub at 2000 Broadway was torn down yesterday.  Vandy will have  a parking lot there temporarily.  No decisions yet on long term use of that block yet.

I stand by my original statement that Vanderbilt's acquisition of this lot is a disaster for the area.  Losing the neighborhood's old gritty charm and holding back the slick and shiny development as well.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think it's at 439 a sq. ft. Which is a lot more than I would have thought. I don't think they will get the asking price, but could be wrong.

At $439/sf it's not really large enough to build something profitable on.

However, if someone can also get a deal with the adjacent SunTrust branch and liquor store then they might be in business. Just don't take Cori's DogHouse.

Edited by PruneTracy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Demo is underway of old fire station on Charlotte Pike for hotel.

..I hoping you mean the white elephant (or whatever "color") between 21st and 22nd, rather than this jewel at 4406 Charlotte ─ I believe Lambert Auto.
:huh:

Lambert_Auto_4406_Charlotte_Ave.JPG.91faac94b9d875c06263236cbf7c84b0.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bnaflyer said:

I understand the likely long term use of the block on Broadway is for Vanderbilt graduate student housing of some sort. 

Indeed. And I think that many on this site will really like what they end up doing with these parcels. I also think that all of this will happen sooner than some may think.

• Like 3