Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

1 Music Circle South Panattoni/BMG HQ building (5 stories, 120,000 sq. ft.) update.  Core drilling has begun.

Looking south from corner of Music Circle South at Tony Rose Park:

Panattoni 1, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Looking west from corner of Music Circle South at Tony Rose Park:

Panattoni 2 Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Panattoni 3, Sept 2, 2017.jpg

Also, this from today's Nashville Post:

Officials with Panattoni Development have amended their plans to overhaul a Music Row public park after residents objected to their initial plan for the area from which they will stage the work on a $35 million office building nearby.

Panattoni Senior Development Manager Hayne Hamilton in July said the company would store its equipment in Tony Rose Park for a year or more while work progressed on its 1 Music Circle S. building. The company would then invest about $90,000 to add some amenities, including a volleyball court.

WPLN reports residents didn’t like that plan and pointed out they hadn’t been asked for input. Now, Panattoni has agreed to shrink the footprint of operations in the park and will invest in more green space, a bike route and a picnic shelter when building construction is complete.

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.11.11 AM.png

• Like 3

From today's Nashville Post:

Erosion barriers are in place on a Midtown property on which local businessman Lee Molette has long planed a mixed-used project.

The placement of the barriers comes two years after local media reported the development team behind what has been called The Residences @ 15th & Church had modified the mixed-use project to offer 105 apartment units and 10,500 square feet of commercial space in a 12-story building. 

Previous plans for the project, to be located on the northwest corner of the intersection of 15th Avenue and Church Street, showed a seven-story 74-unit apartment building and a structure with about 8,000 square feet commercial space.

Nashville-based Moody Nolan Architects is designing the building. 

Here is the story from 2015:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/home/article/20485936/real-estate-notes-planned-midtown-project-modified

Rendering from 2015:

Residences at 15th & Church render, 2015.png

Residences at 15th & Church map.png

Residences at 15th & Church lot, Sept 2017.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The triangular lot that houses the huge LED billboard is seeing it's primary tenant of the last 40 years (a auto garage) move out.  The owners claim they will put something more stimulating on the lot, but will retain the sign.  What do you think could go there...restaurant? Music club?  Other ideas?

Personally, I'd like to see a 15-story (or more) triangular building there...and they could still figure out how to incorporate the signage.  : )

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20976158/business-to-leave-midtown-site-known-for-huge-billboard

It's hard to imagine anything going onto that site that involves any significant in-and-out vehicle traffic -- simply because of the nature of that oddly shaped intersection and the ensuing traffic problems. Imagine a high-rise on that site and the lines of cars attempting to turn in and out of the parking garage onto either Broadway or West End. That's a potential disaster.

One option would be to assign parking to a nearby lot and share it with another building, if there's enough parking available nearby.

Edited by Jamie Hall

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

It's hard to imagine anything going onto that site that involves any significant in-and-out vehicle traffic -- simply because of the nature of that oddly shaped intersection and the ensuing traffic problems. Imagine a high-rise on that site and the lines of cars attempting to turn in and out of the parking garage onto either Broadway or West End. That's a potential disaster.

One option would be to assign parking to a nearby lot and share it with another building, if there's enough parking available nearby.

What if the entrance/exit were on the back, facing 17th?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, memphian said:

This building I found in the Southwark area of London last week. I snapped a pic because I thought it would be cool at this location. In/Out vehicular traffic can be routed through the backside of the building. I've seen it done well in Mexico City and other places.

IMG_9591.JPG

Imagine the lighting they could do with a building like this at that intersection.  The impact it could have.  I'd like to see something like this or a modern version of the classic design also posted.

I would miss the billboard, but for me once they took away the old lighted Coke sign the billboard lost it's glory....

• Like 2

That Flatiron building would be just about right! If only Nashville had been built on a world-class harbor, or been part of an empire the sun never set on. In truth, I always wanted to live in Italy or New York, but it didn't happen. Now I am trying to enjoy Nashville's transition to a vibrant, thriving town and it makes that tough when photos of world-class architectural gems are posted here. I think  I'll suck it up and go to YouTube for a trip to Venice, Queen of the Adriatic, to see the wonders created by a despotic power.

• Like 1