Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

^^^So, where exactly will this be? Is it the back of the facility where the current player parking is, or will it wrap around the existing tennis courts like the rendering suggests? Either way, it looks like some of the parking will be removed (which shouldn't be a huge problem).

WW-

Did they give a reason why? Also, do you have any more info on the 4 student housing buildings that line west end and if they will be razed? While not the prettiest buildings, they give a great urban feel to the area and I really hope they are not torn down.

NVylle,

Did not talk to them about Carmichael Towers. Agree with you that they give West End Avenue some nice urbanity (because of the height). And at night, they are very cool all lit.

WW

I like smokestacks too, but anything to get rid of a coal fired plant is okay with me.

Agree that the coal fired plant needs to go. But smokestacks are irreplaceable. We just don't contract them any more.

WW

• Like 1

Don't know if related to the project at 21st and Elliston, but this morning the utility marking crews were painting all along the sidewalks on both Elliston and 21st adjancent to that site.

I would say that is a good sign something will be moving on this project soon. Good catch.

Thanks to samsonh, we know about the project @ 1605 16th Ave S. He noticed it last week and emailed me and I gave it to WW. There is an article on this in the Post behind the pay wall. There is a zoning sign samsonh noticed too, but that one is still a mystery.

Ground to be Broken on Hillsboro project.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2013/5/8/hill_center_acklen_set_for_groundbreaking

Forgot these items. The crane is now down at the Homewood Suites on WE and the Park Central project is about topped. They are working on the eight floor now.

Have been wondering if the Hill project in the Village will have underground parking.  It looks like it might actually have quite a bit under that courtyard portion of the complex... it's a whole block.  Depending on the materials used, this could be a cool project.

Already?!  Wow, that went quick!  Last picture I saw of it was a hole in the ground, more or less!

Yep. It went up in a hurry. Despite not being really tall, I think it looks pretty decent. As someone else mentioned, it looks good from the Shelby St Bridge.

970119_10101427659176455_196640679_n.jpg

Now if The Sobro gets built, that will look really impressive. And maybe some more infill on those surface lots around 1st and 2nd Aves.

And a bonus shot of downtown:

6276_10101427659371065_1960787091_n.jpg

• Like 4

William's "get" about the new Elliston Place apartment block with rendering.  Rather bland, but at least it's better than what was there... and it wraps/obscures the massive parking structure quite nicely.  Anyway, you have to like the additional people this one will bring.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2013/5/13/developer_releases_elliston_project_rendering

Elliston.png

Edited by MLBrumby

Yeah, I'm cool with it.  Not every project can be an architectural masterpiece, nor should they strive to be.  As long as it addresses the street well and doesn't have a bland, cheap, suburban design, I'm generally fine with any design.

Edited by BnaBreaker