Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

I would drive down West End/Broadway a year or so ago wondering why the building boom missed this grand boulevard, but now look at it!!!

...and don't forget Vandy Tower!   : )

I full well expect to hear announcements this year from Highwoods on the Tennessean property facing Broadway, as well as GBT's plans fro the Firestone Store site. 

• Like 3

I expect Vandy will continue the collegiate Gothic architecture... BUT it would be nice if they mixed in some more modern styles along Broadway. I hope they keep the green space on the inside of the complex and keep it urban at the streets surrounding those properties. They already have more green spaces than most urban campuses.

Question: Do they own the 2-story building where Wild Boar was (is?). Haven't been there in 25 years, but I remember the food was good. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I hope they keep the green space on the inside of the complex and keep it urban at the streets surrounding those properties. They already have more green spaces than most urban campuses.

They're actually adding more green space by eliminating most of the parking and some of the streets in the Greek area. The "RC" buildings at the top are the new residential colleges, RC-A currently under construction, that front West End.

NeighborhoodView.jpg 

• Like 4

Not expecting height, at least nothing over 7-8 stories based on their west college housing under construction.  How much commercial (if any) will be included in the project?  Will there be any family apartments? When do they plan to release renderings? Any other details you can divulge?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:08 AM, MLBrumby said:

Not expecting height, at least nothing over 7-8 stories based on their west college housing under construction.  How much commercial (if any) will be included in the project?  Will there be any family apartments? When do they plan to release renderings? Any other details you can divulge?

No final decisions have been made on any of that, yet, as far as I'm aware. They are certainly looking at alternative arrangements that are not currently available on the private market to meet a variety of student needs.

• Thanks 2

On 1/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, GreenHillsBoy said:

It was announced as a Martin's Barbecue, but the fencing was up quite a while ago and it appears nothing or little has been done. 

I go past it a lot, there seem to be workers there every day though I'm not sure what they're doing.

After a nearly 3 year delay, the 4 story, 12 condo unit at 119 Acklen Park Drive in West End Park is finally getting underway.  It will be the first to two on the lot.  A permit for $1.53 million has been landed.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21045639/west-end-condo-building-work-set

119 Acklen Park Drive, Feb 1, 2019, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in red highlighted in the center of the frame:

119 Acklen Park Drive, Feb 1, 2019, site map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1