Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

119 Mason Lofts (3 stories, 14 units) update.

Looking south from intersection of Mason Ave. and Belwood St:

119 Mason Lofts, March 9, 2019.jpg

This has to win the award for Most Uninspired Architectural Effort Ever.   A child could come up with a better design than this and the site is laughably overbuilt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 12:47 PM, bnaflyer said:

This has to win the award for Most Uninspired Architectural Effort Ever.   A child could come up with a better design than this and the site is laughably overbuilt.

Unfortunately I share this sentiment with far too many new buildings in the city :tw_frown:

• Like 1

Vanderbilt University continues to buy up properties for their reconfigured Greek Row area.  Today they closed on the .46 acre site that has been home to the Tennessee Baptist Convention since 1958 at 2406 Vanderbilt Place.  The price was$2.3 million.

More behind the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21062275/vu-pays-23m-for-greek-row-site

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 3.33.19 PM.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, markhollin said:

The E3 Chophouse in 3 floors covering 13,000 sq. ft. of V21 Phase II (NE corner of Wedgwood Ave. and 21st Ave. South) should be open this fall. Rendering below.

This place has seemed to take a long time to finish.  I'm guessing the build-out cost on this is massive and the place will need big crowds for a long time to pay its bills.  Is this a new concept or tied to a successful hospitality company?

Seems like I found an answer:   https://www.e3chophouse.com/about

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ajs said:

Anyone heard anything about Bound'ry?  It appears that a lot/all of its contents are making their way onto a moving truck right now.

It's been basically closed for years, only being used as an occasional event space. I've passed it probably 100 times in the last two years and have only seen people there once. 

54 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I went to an event there in February. 

The event business hasn't been super busy, but it has been used a fair amount (I live across the street), but something is afoot.  The moving continues today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CenterHill said:

What is that cladding?    Fraternity houses with climbing walls?  

Looks like spray foam (closed cell possible) insulation. Could be a fire retardant as well. Hard to tell from this photo.

Interesting hybrid system being used. Masonry, Steel and Stick frame. Must have a ton of trades moving on and off these sites

• Like 1