Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Looks like 7 to me. That was what the original was. I think they said could be 10 if they got the tenants, but at this point I would say 7 is it because of the number of spec buildings going up right now.

We need a lot of announcements to fill what we have under construction and proposed right now.

• Like 1

Would be nice if someone from this forum would go over to Vandy and take pics of the new dorms next to the old dorms.. for comparing heights and also to catch that rare, temporary shot of old next to new.

From the Vandy construction website, the new buildings look to be at least 2/3 (maybe even 3/4) as tall as the towers. tall enough that they won't look drastically shorter when the towers are gone. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

The former Catholic Archdiocese structure at 2400 21st Ave. South came down quickly.  The residential project is now underway (markers placed for foundational dig),  but still no details on name of the development, stories,  amount of units, or rendering.  

Looking east from near intersection of 21st Ave. South and Linden Ave:

2400 21st Ave South at Linden, June 16, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from near intersection of 21st Ave. South and Linden Ave:

2400 21st Ave South at Linden, June 16, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vandy buys up another parcel at 116 20th Ave. South for the eventual campus development for graduate and professional student housing. They paid $1.8 million for the nondescript one story structure that housed an insurance company for many decades.  In the past 3 years, Vandy has now paid out close to $25 million for 56 parcels on this block.

The university now owns every property within the previously mentioned block except for two: the site home to a Hampton Inn hotel fronting West End and a pre-World War II-constructed stone building used for residential purposes and sitting adjacent to the just-purchased parcel.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21074451/vanderbilt-adds-to-midtown-real-estate-holdings

1.png

2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That's a lot of land. I hope Vandy does NOT blow it. That area does NOT need to be low-rise. Should be mostly mid-rise with (yes) some green space in courtyards and urban street fronts. I hope they don't do the same thing they did with their college dorms on these blocks b/c they should have retail fronts and street interaction there. Broadway through that area of midtown has always had potential to be the most walkable neighborhood in the city. I wish something prominent would go at the corner of 21st and Broadway; something in a 12-14-story brick traditional style apartment building a'la the "prewar/WW2" buildings in NYC. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

Looks like another apartment complex might be coming to the Wedgewood Ave. corridor.  A trio of 1920s-era homes at 1616, 1618, and 1700 19th Ave. South (at the NE corner of Wedgwood and 19th Ave. South) have been purchased by Gremada Industries for a combined $3.1 million.  No further details, renderings, etc, at this time.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21074449/trio-of-villagearea-homes-sell-for-31m

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site at the center of the frame in teal listed as Polygon 366:

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.49.24 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because this is on the inside of I-440, I'm putting this in the Vandy/Music Row thread.

From WW at the NP, this is Linden Row, which will go where the old Catholic Diocese HQ stood on Hillsboro Rd. 

38 townhomes priced from $1million and up. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21074691/villagearea-townhomes-to-start-at-1m

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_12.56.09_PM.5d110ed186672.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_12.49.57_PM.5d110ef42fd1c.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_12.49.42_PM.5d110efdef810.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_12.56.00_PM.5d110ed8c9c0d.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_06_24_at_12.55.49_PM.5d110eecc5382.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, BnaBreaker said:

I can understand this Bob Bernstein guy being frustrated... even angry... but he isn't really coming across very well here.  He seems to be crossing the line into vengeful, regressive, territorial, and devoid of self-awareness.

Indeed. I heard the same thing. Like 12Mouth said, Bernstein has benefited in a huge way from Nashville's growth. You can have plenty of arguments that the city's expansion has been rather haphazard, but when you're coming from his shoes you should be careful how you word it. This goes beyond biting the hand that feeds you straight into some serious self denial about your own role in some controversial gentrification.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, markhollin said:

Yes...pretty much.  Here is an up to date diagram in teal from Smegaolsfree's development map:

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 1.01.20 PM.png

Unless something has happened recently that I'm not aware of, Vanderbilt actually does not own the area on the map labeled Parking Lot 12F. That is owned by the Cathedral. Still a good amount of land, though. 

St. Thomas Midtown has requested clearance to demolish a rehab facility  to build a larger, 40 bed, freestanding facility in partnership with Kindred Health.  The proposed 98,000 sq. ft. will have a price tag of $48 million, and would include a two story garage. The article does not notate where the location will be on the large hospital campus.  No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Pst paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21074937/saint-thomas-proposes-48m-rehab-facility

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

St. Thomas Midtown has requested clearance to demolish a rehab facility  to build a larger, 40 bed, freestanding facility in partnership with Kindred Health.  The proposed 98,000 sq. ft. will have a price tag of $48 million, and would include a two story garage. The article does not notate where the location will be on the large hospital campus.  No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Pst paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21074937/saint-thomas-proposes-48m-rehab-facility

My understanding is that it is going at 312 21st Avenue North. This building was formerly a dormitory for nurses. It also holds some offices as well as the rehab facility.

<iframe src="

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/06/27/controversial-development-plan-music-rows-future-adopted-historic-preservation-dispute/1583245001/

Seems like both sides are a little unhappy. So must be a decent compromise, who knows. They reduced the height a lot though on the broadway side. 

• Like 2