Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

39 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Still don’t know why they didn’t build a swimming pool.... even just a practice pool. Does Harper hall have one they use? All the bigger private schools here and even some of the ga public schools have pools. Ensworth is the only one in the Nashville Area that I know has a pool.

Oakland HIgh School in Murfreesboro has one and I think Siegel there also.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Still don’t know why they didn’t build a swimming pool.... even just a practice pool. Does Harper hall have one they use? All the bigger private schools here and even some of the ga public schools have pools. Ensworth is the only one in the Nashville Area that I know has a pool.

I know USN has one, and I think it is the oldest pool in Nashville. I know I've seen a few more, just can't recall where

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, MLBrumby said:

Pearl-Cohn has a pool; Whites Creek had a pool that's been filled in and is some weird sun-room type building. I've only ever been there for track meets when it's freezing cold, so I can't tell you what they do with it during the school day. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Woodfield development (multiple 4-5 story structures,  292 units) update.  Fencing going up around the site for demo of existing buildings.

Looking SW from intersection of Patterson St. and 16th Ave. North (also known as B-B-Q Lane at this stretch):

Woodfield Midtown, Feb 16, 2020.jpg

Looked on Smeagolsfree's excellent development map for this one and there's no rendering. Hasn't one been released for this one yet? 

We have a lot of buildings like this in Columbus that sit in neighborhoods dating back to the mid 1800s. I've had some trouble distinguishing new versus old in some cases, especially in Victorian Village and Italian Village, to the point that I've had to look at the property data pages to verify. Good to see Nashville finally getting something like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

We have a lot of buildings like this in Columbus that sit in neighborhoods dating back to the mid 1800s. I've had some trouble distinguishing new versus old in some cases, especially in Victorian Village and Italian Village, to the point that I've had to look at the property data pages to verify. Good to see Nashville finally getting something like this.

Agreed!  Columbus is an example I think Nashville should follow on a regular basis.  You guys do a phenomenal job of blending the old with the new!

• Like 1

The final piece of land for the Vanderbilt University Graduate Village has been purchased: the  .18 acre at 114 20th Ave. South for $1.9 million.  It includes a 1920-era house that will come down.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21117400/vanderbilt-pays-19m-for-midtown-property

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.56.18 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Some more info on the large apartment complex being planned for NW corner of 31st Ave. North andLong Blvd. in West Park.  The 3 building, 5 story development on 3.8 acres will be called Odyssey at the Park, and will be built in several phases.

First 1.8 acre phase phase will be on the corner in a 5 story structure featuring 75 flats plus 12,500 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space.  The remaining 2 acres will be reserved for future rounds of development.

Plans will be reviewed by Metro's Planning Commission on March 26.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/21/deal-dash-mixed-use-development-near-centennial.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Here's a partial rendering/diagram:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.55.54 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Odyssey at the Park, Feb 21, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1