Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

International Market and Restaurant II will have work begin at 2013 Belmont Blvd. in the former blvd restaurant.  Dowdle Construction is handling the work for the Myint family (owners).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21143746/permit-patrol-5-october-2020

• Like 2

The hotel being planned for 50 Music Square West (the site of the octagon-shaped UA Tower) is being shelved since developers Jay Patel and Andy Bhakta have not been able to secure a loan due to banks' hesitations due to Covid-19 on the hospitality industry. They are now trying to get Metro to rezone for residential within a 7 story 132 apartment structure.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/10/06/music-row-hotel-plans-nixed-apartments-covid.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The hotel being planned for 50 Music Square West (the site of the octagon-shaped UA Tower) is being shelved since developers Jay Patel and Andy Bhakta have not been able to secure a loan due to banks' hesitations due to Covid-19 on the hospitality industry. They are now trying to get Metro to rezone for residential within a 7 story 132 apartment structure.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/10/06/music-row-hotel-plans-nixed-apartments-covid.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

I won’t be sad if the Elliston Place development gets shelved entirely by the pandemic. Just sayin’. 

Happy they’re moving forward with a multi-family residential development on this parcel though. Hopefully the design is decent enough, although seven stories is a bit short for this location. 

• Like 2

1807 Patterson, along with two adjoining parcels at 307-311 18th Ave. North that is currently home to Alive Hospice administrative offices, is being offered for sale at $7.6 million. Alive Hospice had purchase the parcels in '06-'08 for a combined $2.1 million. The site takes up a quarter block and zoning would permit a fairly large development of density.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21143778/alive-hospice-offers-midtown-property-for-sale

1807 Patterson, Oct 7, 2020, site.png

1807 Patterson, Oct 7, 2020, site map 1.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in gray at the center of the frame:

1807 Patterson, Oct 7, 2020, site map 2.png

• Like 3

From the Nashville Post: Odyssey at the Park (4 & 5 stories,  75 flats, 12,500 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 130 capacity garage) has landed a grading permit, and Richland Building Partners are closing on a construction loan that should be finalized by late November.  They hope to break ground by the end of December.

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post: Odyssey at the Park (4 & 5 stories,  75 flats, 12,500 sq. ft. of ground level retail, 130 capacity garage) has landed a grading permit, and Richland Building Partners are closing on a construction loan that should be finalized by late November.  They hope to break ground by the end of December.

These are all short term rentals. Very disappointing addition to this neighborhood. 

• Sad 1

A 3 story, 18 unit apartment building is being planned for .48 acre at 3718 West End Ave. by the owner of the current home there.  The classic 1 story brick house was built in 1920 and will be razed. No moniker or renderings available at this time. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21144163/west-end-avenue-eyed-for-apartment-building

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 12.21.38 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 12.21.21 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure what to think about it. On one hand, it is a beautiful house, but for me, I feel like it really gives off a quaint "neighborhood" vibe and would prefer to have it in a quieter neighborhood (at least, if I owned it). Plus, I actually really like those homes on West End (Richland Hall, which I just learned are brand new, since they give off a nice historic vibe), so I wouldn't mind if the newer building had a similar look.

Edited by KariKnux
  • Like 1

The houses on the former Welch campus are nice looking, but so many of the other new buildings along West End are hideously ugly. The one that stands out worst is the townhouse cluster at the NW corner of Craighead Avenue.  I've wondered if the whole building were painted a light grey or white if that'd improve its appearance. 

Edited by MLBrumby