Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Linden Row (3 stories, 38 townhomes) update: Phase II foundation slabs are set.

Looking SE from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Linden Ave:

Linden Row, Jan 24, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Linden Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Jan 24, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Linden Ave., 1/2 block east of 21st Ave. South:

Linden Row, Jan 24, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking east from within the complex:

Linden Row, Jan 24, 2021, 4.jpeg

• Like 4

1515 and 1517 Church St. (Suzy Wong's House of Yum, and Tribe) are getting renovations worth $737,500 for their bar areas.  Dowdle Construction will handle the work. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21145734/permit-patrol-1-february-2021

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1515 and 1517 Church St. (Suzy Wong's House of Yum, and Tribe) are getting renovations worth $737,500 for their bar areas.  Dowdle Construction will handle the work. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21145734/permit-patrol-1-february-2021

Interesting in that there were thoughts the businesses would be leaving to make way for a redevelopment of the site. 

10 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Interesting in that there were thoughts the businesses would be leaving to make way for a redevelopment of the site. 

The Reed site doesn’t include those buildings, just the parking lots behind them. The only building fronting church that the site includes is the old Jim Reed show room. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I had heard from a couple of people that the owners were looking to close those bars and focus on their Louisville ventures. This is very welcome news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I hope that little stretch sticks around.  I like skyscrapers as much as the next guy, but from the perspective of someone at ground level walking these older buildings provide a much more fulfilling pedestrian experience than never-ending blocks of V.I.P.  glass towers.  

I would be heartbroken if they decided to close those bars, spent many a weekend in my early 20s  there. Pre-COVID, I’d still go occasionally, but the crowd had become more touristy than in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^That’s always been my least favorite color of brick.  Always looks so bland.

Agreed. And they didn’t even use brick on the front side of the back row of units and it looks even worse. These are being marketed as short term rentals, so they cut every corner they could.

• Like 2