Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

58 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I can’t find the thread for the hotel at 50 Music Square  West, but permits have been pulled and this project seems to have started.

we don't have a thread for this

35 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Was this the octagon building?  Have we seen updated renders?

yes

• Like 2

The 50 Music Square residential project (7 stories,100 units) has secured a $29.7 million loan from Broadmark Realty Capital out of Seattle to begin construction.  Total costs are projected to be $40.2 million. Work has already begun, Completion fo the Jay Patel development is slated for March of 2023.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/08/music-square.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=6#cxrecs_s

• Like 4

No we never posted it and WW never did the story, so it is not very timely any longer. Remember the property is for lease and they will more than likely do a land lease and whoever leases would be able to build up to 15 stories under current zoning. If the owners apply for an SP, they may be able to go taller.

Hopefully it is goodbye White Castle. Those are some slimy burgers that would give this old guy heart burn for a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 2:45 PM, markhollin said:

The 50 Music Square residential project (7 stories,100 units) has secured a $29.7 million loan from Broadmark Realty Capital out of Seattle to begin construction.  Total costs are projected to be $40.2 million. Work has already begun, Completion fo the Jay Patel development is slated for March of 2023.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/08/music-square.html

Even though the NBJ is reporting this as a residential project, my belief is they are dead wrong on this one. I watched the Planning meeting as they were trying to get it rezoned to residential and they were turned down. I think this was this past fall. The information they were using was almost a year old and the permit clearly states HOTEL, and not apartments. I think this is a matter of accidently misreporting on their part.

• Thanks 2

I actually think the notion of niche neighborhoods are a joke. Funny thing is they rate schools in this area and there are none.

I really think it is a way for someone to come up with another ranking to bring attention to their ranking system. This is really a who  really cares about a niche neighborhood.

Most of the neighborhoods listed are in the broader areas of larger areas of town. how do Hope Gardens, Sulphur Dell, Brentwood, and Nolensville even compare. This is just total nonsense.

• Like 1