Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

I'm glad Odyssey at least first floor commercial space, unlike most of the other apartment buildings in that area. Wish they could've tried to spare at least a few of the large trees currently on the property - would've also made the shape of the building less of a box. The nearby Artesia building and slightly farther 117 30th Ave N buildings are the buildings that caught my eye when I used to live near the Parthenon, due to their more interesting use of shapes and ornamentation. With a name like the Odyssey, they could've tried to throw in at least one Greek reference in the architecture.

Agreed. Artesia has a vey unique look, as do some of the townhomes further up at Parthenon and Avoca.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm still of the mind that Hayes Street could (would) be the coolest transit-oriented street in town. I don't think LRT is a good investment in Nashville (or most cities), but a dedicated BRT street with a flyover bridge connecting to the Gulch would be such a huge transit link between DT and MT.  Plus with the N-S cross-streets to Hayes, there wouldn't be a tremendous change in access to the medical centers there.  If necessary, emergency vehicles could also have exclusive access to Hayes.  Just spitballing here, but I think Church Street/Elliston are way too narrow, and West End has been deemed off-limits by the Metro Council after the last brutal fight. I also think a loop between Hayes to 21st to Division and back to DT would cover the critical links to get transit adopted faster.  I've seen several great proposals for BRT through DT, but I'm less versed on that area or how it would work.  I think the Music City Central could be a key transfer point, but seems to me that was built in a difficult place to capitalize as a hub. 

It could follow Division to Lafayette, connect in with the proposed south transit hub(and future Mboro road BRT) and the cut up 5th(RIP tunnel, convert 5th to run 1 way)/down 4th to connect in with Music City Central.  From Music City Central, it could follow JRP to 10th Ave Circle, down Lifeway plaza to 11th, and down 11th to connect to the Hayes street bridge/interstate cap/tunnel. The NES land could be useful in providing space for the connection above/under the interstate. 

• Like 3