Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Demolition to begin on the ICON tattoo parlor in the 1900 block of Broadway, spanning to Division.  I suspect that it will be developed into a parking lot, which, given the eyesore of a concrete block building that was ICON, and the dearth of parking, especially with the soon-to-be demise of the lot for South Street, Boundr'y, and Givonnani's [buckingham development], is a welcome development.

Demolition to begin on the ICON tattoo parlor in the 1900 block of Broadway, spanning to Division.  I suspect that it will be developed into a parking lot, which, given the eyesore of a concrete block building that was ICON, and the dearth of parking, especially with the soon-to-be demise of the lot for South Street, Boundr'y, and Givonnani's [buckingham development], is a welcome development.

:stop:

I was wondering if anyone other than myself go through all 99 pages of the staff report. I sent to WW early this morning but I figured someone wold catch it.

This building will command a huge presence on the round about and the top of the hill.

I don't think there will be any problems with this passing. I would bet they start sooner rather than later.

I posted this one over to the CBD/Rutledge Hill thread by mistake.  There is also a thread about the "14 Story building on the Musica Roundabout."  Nashville has the enviable problem of having too many proposals and threads!  Sometimes I forget where the threads are and just post to whatever is closest to hand.  Sorry for any confusion.  I do think that this one looks good. 

I was wondering if anyone other than myself go through all 99 pages of the staff report. I sent to WW early this morning but I figured someone wold catch it.

This building will command a huge presence on the round about and the top of the hill.

I don't think there will be any problems with this passing. I would bet they start sooner rather than later.

Edited by bwithers1

That's pretty typical of elevations. The white is just showing that something is there, just set back, so it's not pictured.

If we were looking at an artist's rendering, they would show it.

An artist rendering typically shows a structure in a 3 dimensional perspective. Elevations will show more of a 2D perspective.

Elevations, along with the site plan, are just the first step in breaking things down into more and more detail.

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 1

Smeagols,

It is exciting to see what is happening right now, but this is a bubble in my opinion. It has all the signs. Money rushing in trying to get things built before cap and interest rates move up. My guess is many of the equity investors in the more poorly built and later built projects will take a bath.

That's pretty typical of elevations. The white is just showing that something is there, just set back, so it's not pictured.

If we were looking at an artist's rendering, they would show it.

An artist rendering typically shows a structure in a 3 dimensional perspective. Elevations will show more of a 2D perspective.

Elevations, along with the site plan, are just the first step in breaking things down into more and more detail.

Thanks all that responded, you learn something new everyday around this place...

• Like 1

Going to upload the rendering and edit the title of the separate thread for 1515 Demonbreun:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/116127-1515-demonbreun-14-16-story-residential-tower-musica-roundabout/

I think this is the correct building.  Correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

The development map is blocked by my office security system, so I couldn't look this up.  The former ICON tatoo parlor in the 1900 block of Division was razed a couple of weeks ago, and I speculated that it would be used for parking.  However, this morning equipment began digging up the pavement and left-over foundation.  Seems to be too much equipment and work to just improve a parking lot.  Any ideas on what's up?